sandmanporto Registered User

Hey all. I've developed really bad tobacco stains on my middle finger (right hand ) and my index nail beside it. I smoke but they are disgusting and I wanted to know how can you remove the stain from flesh? I've tried bleach but it didn't work. It makes me wanna throw up every time I see them. I have fair skin and it shows up even worse. I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this in but I would love to know how to rid them.
Quitting smoking is out of the question at the minute due to circumstances in my life.

Smokers toothpaste.

2 people have thanked this post

Bleach? Did you not just use soap first?

When you're holding a cigarette make sure the palm of your hand faces the floor with the tip of the cigarette facing the ceiling. This stops the smoke staining your hands.

+1 on smoker's toothpaste. Also try cif cream or lemon juice.

6 people have thanked this post
Loopy Registered User

Baking Soda & hand lotion mixed together should remove the stains.

1 person has thanked this post
Anfield Road Registered User

nailpolish remover or lemon juice. Try both they do work and use cotton wool. Good advice on last post!. Good luck

soak in lemon juice for a few mins then scrub with a potato.. should do the trick!

3 people have thanked this post
MadYaker Registered User

Cut your fingers off. Then you won't be able to smoke either so you won't get cancer. Its a win win situation.

Don't smoke

9 people have thanked this post

shopaholic01 said:
When you're holding a cigarette make sure the palm of your hand faces the floor with the tip of the cigarette facing the ceiling. This stops the smoke staining your hands.

+1 on smoker's toothpaste. Also try cif cream or lemon juice.

Actually that makes sense I tend to hold the cig upright but my palm faces up.. Yes. The stains are really bad I am embarrassed to expose my hands in public.
Thanks for the advice

1 person has thanked this post
feelpablo Registered User

sandmanporto said:
. The stains are really bad I am embarrassed to expose my hands in public.
Thanks for the advice

Hairy palms???????!!!!!

MadYaker said:
Cut your fingers off. Then you won't be able to smoke either so you won't get cancer. Its a win win situation.

The last thing I need is your negative attitude! I know some people are offended by smokers at present and it's not like I am not aware of the health consequences.
If you have no positive input don't comment and go about your business GOT IT?

dyer said:
soak in lemon juice for a few mins then scrub with a potato.. should do the trick!

Cheers

jimthemental Registered User

Hydroflouric acid my friend. Make sure you put it in a polyethylene container though and not in a cast iron bath tub because that can get very messy.

10 people have thanked this post
grindle Registered User

sandmanporto said:
The last thing I need is your negative attitude! I know some people are offended by smokers at present and it's not like I am not aware of the health consequences.
If you have no positive input don't comment and go about your business GOT IT?

Seriously, start vaping.
Most of the benefits, none of the death (that we know of, but it's definitely far better than smoking).

As for your current problem, if you still want to smoke, hold it differently.
I smoked for a decade (rollies, and without filters for eight years of that decade) and never had a stain formation.
Am confused by the amount of people I know with the stains.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!