paky Banned

Can anyone recommend a good iron supplement?

Supplements for iron specifically seem difficult to find, so a multivitamin with high iron content and low calcium seems like a good alternative.

I take Lucovitaal multi a-z 50+ with q10 sometimes. It has 100% rda of iron, vitamin c, and 5% rda calcium.

Calcium competes with iron for absorption (and you typically eat a lot more calcium than iron), so this was a key in my choice. I dont know to what extent it matters really, but it seems like a good idea to avoid it being a factor at all.

DeesWholefoods Registered User

blatantrereg said:
Supplements for iron specifically seem difficult to find, so a multivitamin with high iron content and low calcium seems like a good alternative.

I take Lucovitaal multi a-z 50+ with q10 sometimes. It has 100% rda of iron, vitamin c, and 5% rda calcium.

Calcium competes with iron for absorption (and you typically eat a lot more calcium than iron), so this was a key in my choice. I dont know to what extent it matters really, but it seems like a good idea to avoid it being a factor at all.

http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/spatone/ Spatone is a good natural iron supplement, which is easier on your stomach than other ones.

2 people have thanked this post

Cool. Oddly I did notice I felt nauseated after using the supplement I mentioned a few times since posting about it here (never had previously). Pharmaton made me sick before too...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!