Given that her party occupies a small number of seats, I do wonder why and how her near constant exposure is so disproportionate to the seats her party represent.

Anyone else notice this?

Atlantis50 Registered User

Chazz Michael Michaels said:
Given that her party occupies a small number of seats, I do wonder why and how her near constant exposure is so disproportionate to the seats her party represent.

Anyone else notice this?

Those who go looking for the coverage get it I suppose. Ask and you shall receive.

I can't stand that clown Ming and he seems to me to be getting a hell of a lot of coverage.

Mongfinder General Registered User

That's why they call her Clare Daily.

5 people have thanked this post
Slydice Registered User

Isn't she one of the leaders of the anti household charges and anti water charges campaign?

Isn't she also the person bring up all the stuff on abortion?

If she's so heavily involved in that stuff and a large amount of people seem to be discussing it, then why wouldn't she get coverage?

Is this gonna be all about shutting people out of the press

2 people have thanked this post

She's generally considered reasonably articulate and she tends to be a good person to have on your panel.

She also got a huge amount of kudos for the abortion stuff during the week. I'd say you'll be seeing even more of her in the next couple of months.

gizmo555 Registered User

Atlantis50 said:
Those who go looking for the coverage get it I suppose. Ask and you shall receive.

Bit like that buffoon Mammy O'Rourke . . . I wouldn't be surprised to see her doing the weather forecast one of these days.

1 person has thanked this post

Chazz Michael Michaels said:

Anyone else notice this?

her views are way offbeat and this catches the attention of the media

The Waltzing Consumer Registered User

Can't stand the SP and I live in Joe Higgin's constituency but have to admire the way Claire Daly has acted since being elected last year.

She does not claim massive expenses like majority of ULA, FF and SF, she is articulate and passionate and she has raised important social and medical issues such as the abortion bill last week. It was voted down but you could see a lot of Government TDs expressing their admiration for Daly during the week.

Fair play to Claire.

Female left wingers are always sought out, they make for good press and now that Burton and Shortall have become Tories they are few and far between.

RandolphEsq Banned

I'm not too big on her abortion stance, but I'll wait to see how she feels on miniature flags.

Media shows have to/try to include women on shows as part of balance
for example
VB show has a 50-50 policy guests he said so himself I saw him saw it.
Media shows have to/try to include opposition on shows as part of balance

The oppositon is small
very few women zero in Fianna fail
How many oppostion female TDs are there?
How many oppostion female TDs in ULA are there?

Therefore
Clare gets lots of calls to appear on TV

sick of seeing her face its just annoying

Toby Take a Bow said:
She's generally considered reasonably articulate and she tends to be a good person to have on your panel. for a northside Dubliner.

Fixed that, everytime I hear her talk whinge on Vincent Browne (and just in general) in that disgusting and annoying accent a little piece of me dies.

Same thing applies to Joan Moan Burton.

Edit: Spelling

hungrypig Registered User

cognitive cascade, change your user name to ross o carroll kelly.

hungrypig said:
cognitive cascade, change your user name to ross o carroll kelly.

Being from D4 is just as bad, luckily for me I was born and raised outside the Pale.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!