Slydice Registered User
#16

Isn't this what the election just about 1 year ago was about?

Cawk n bawllz Registered User
#17

K-9 said:
We all know politicians lie and spin, yet punish the politicians we voted for, wait for it, for lying and spinning,


I totally agree with you. Our system of electing leaders has huge fundamental problems.
The elections are just a popularity contest. People vote for the yes man who can shout the loudest.
The people best suited to deal with this country's problems are realists but being a realist makes your views look pessimistic and nobody's going to vote for pessimists.
Politicians don't do what's best for this country. They do what makes them look good while doing long term harm to the country.

1 person has thanked this post
#18

Cawk n bawllz said:
Seriously. How feasable would it be? We get a group of intelligent men and women together to manage our country as our new government, starting ASAP.
In the meantime we just completely boycott anything our current government says or does and direct all our taxes and revenue to our newly appointed government.
It's so far fetched that it's silly but lets discuss it anyway.


It is so far-fetched that anyone seriously discussing it should be taken away by the men in white coats.

The Waltzing Consumer Registered User
#19

paddy0090 said:

Stating that FG/Lab haven't delivered on promises is perfectly correct!


It's not correct at all

Please show me their election manifesto where they "promised x, y and z when they entered a COALITION".

If you cannot show me that, then please be quiet. It is simply 100% wrong to look at single-party Government manifestos and compare it to a coalition.

The people rejected both single party manifestos and gave a mandate for a coalition, meaning a compromise

Seriously, I don't like many of the policies but it is simply daft to be still ranting on about election manifestos, no party campaigns on promises based in the eventuality of being in a coalition.

2 people have thanked this post
mbur Registered User
#20

The Waltzing Consumer said:
It's not correct at all

Please show me their election manifesto where they "promised x, y and z when they entered a COALITION".

If you cannot show me that, then please be quiet. It is simply 100% wrong to look at single-party Government manifestos and compare it to a coalition.

The people rejected both single party manifestos and gave a mandate for a coalition, meaning a compromise

Seriously, I don't like many of the policies but it is simply daft to be still ranting on about election manifestos, no party campaigns on promises based in the eventuality of being in a coalition.

Are you saying we were not mislead? Not a penny more I say. Quick, out with the smoke screen.

meglome Registered User
#21

mbur said:
Are you saying we were not mislead? Not a penny more I say. Quick, out with the smoke screen.


So you've got one statement there, which personally I didn't think they'd be able to do since the previous government had signed on the dotted line. Notwithstanding this would have saved us several billion, it's still a small part of what we owe.

edanto Registered User
#22

Cawk n bawllz said:
We get a group of intelligent men and women together to manage our country as our new government, starting ASAP.


I wish you luck. If you can actually get a group of people together that care about politics, and find a way for them to work together on something political... you might be able to get a few candidates elected in the next election. And if you go for that, then seriously, I wish you the best of luck and hope you succeed.

But there is no easy way.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!