knoaky Registered User
#181

Show Time said:
It seems to be all over.

Bunch of wasters anyway!!!

knoaky Registered User
#182

Show Time said:
It seems to be all over.

Bunch of wasters anyway!!!

Show Time Registered User
#183

Wrong on my part sorry.

It seems they are still at it.

Fishrman Registered User
#184

Thread seems to be going all over the place! That may be to suit different peoples agendas. So lets bring a bit of clarity back to the debate?

Firstly, everyone is entitled to their position - nobody is saying you have to like or respect it.

So, calling the strikers lazy, greedy, troublemakers is, in my honest opinion, unhelpful. They are entitled to strike for something that they believe in. They should be allowed to pursue this in whatever manner is permitted.

Referring to non striking workers as traitors, scabs, judases isn't going to resolve the dispute either. People are fully entitled to attend their place of employment and do an honest days work. Nobody has to justify that to anyone.

Every company, including Musgraves, is fully entitled to protect and grow their business how the owners decide, once they adhere to the laws of the land and the recognised industrial relations mechanisms.

Lastly, I dont know what the outcome will be but people should start talking again. From what I have read, Musgraves seem to hold the stronger position by far. Then again they do own the ball, so that immediately brings a lot of privileges in deciding who to sign on to their team. Or who to leave out.

cz17hmr Banned
#185

if we don't know the details of why they are on strike then it is hard to make an informed comment. however if they are willing to stay out and run the risk of not being able to pay bills etc that is up to them.

if they are hiring could a guy drop in his cv the dole is a pain in the hole i would rather be working even if only for a couple of months.

COULD ANY ONE TELL ME WHY ARE THEY ON STRIKE I COULD BE WRONG IN SAYING THIS BUT I COULD NOT GET A DEFINITIVE REASON FROM WHAT I HEARD ON THE RADIO OR WHAT WAS IN THE NEWSPAPERS

#186

cz17hmr said:
if we don't know the details of why they are on strike then it is hard to make an informed comment. however if they are willing to stay out and run the risk of not being able to pay bills etc that is up to them.

if they are hiring could a guy drop in his cv the dole is a pain in the hole i would rather be working even if only for a couple of months.

COULD ANY ONE TELL ME WHY ARE THEY ON STRIKE I COULD BE WRONG IN SAYING THIS BUT I COULD NOT GET A DEFINITIVE REASON FROM WHAT I HEARD ON THE RADIO OR WHAT WAS IN THE NEWSPAPERS

I work in the chill as a HDTM from today the night pickets are over they are only doing day pickets now just goes to show making no impact on the place.Belive me they dont even know why they are out there ask any of them and you get a different ansewer its like the old saying sheep will follow sheep one walked out they all followed all i know the chill union shafted us HTDM and STUDENTS

#187

Why are they on strike well first off

Contract.. Musgrave wants to bring in zero hours meaning you could get 37 hours one week and the next 6 hours

Night shift.. They want it inline with Dublin at the moment their doing 4 night shifts a week no time with the kids etc if you have a family

Handheld.. They have no problem with the hand held devices only that it will make them pick slower and they will lose their picking rate or 80% an hour in turn lose pay.

This is why their out on strike managers in musgraves are feeding their office staff sh!t so in turn they won't take any feelings for the people on strike now the office staff workers are now in the warehouse covering for the people out I. Strike..

Don't take any notice of people stating their only out on strike for money this is not true under te national pay agreement musgrave has yet to give the cork dept it's 6% it was due 3 years ago and guess what Dublin got their full 6% so did galway cash & carry but musgrave closed it down and then gave all the directors a big fat bonus of just under a half million each

#188

Cork24 said:
Why are they on strike well first off

Contract.. Musgrave wants to bring in zero hours meaning you could get 37 hours one week and the next 6 hours

Night shift.. They want it inline with Dublin at the moment their doing 4 night shifts a week no time with the kids etc if you have a family

Handheld.. They have no problem with the hand held devices only that it will make them pick slower and they will lose their picking rate or 80% an hour in turn lose pay.

This is why their out on strike managers in musgraves are feeding their office staff sh!t so in turn they won't take any feelings for the people on strike now the office staff workers are now in the warehouse covering for the people out I. Strike..

Don't take any notice of people stating their only out on strike for money this is not true under te national pay agreement musgrave has yet to give the cork dept it's 6% it was due 3 years ago and guess what Dublin got their full 6% so did galway cash & carry but musgrave closed it down and then gave all the directors a big fat bonus of just under a half million each

Well now Mr Cork 24 you have being well and truly informed about the whole situation.Iwork in the chill as a HDTM which is a hourly paid worker and have being for the past couple of years.This has being boiling for the last 10 years since the 35 night shift lads where part time when they got full time in 2002 in there contract the company put in that they could work one week off nights every four weeks this came know as the one in four but the company has not hounered this for the past 10 years.The problems the day shift lads have about 100 of them in total is the deal that Dublin got 19 sundays and no nights but the Dublin lads are on less money cause they have no nights.The company offered the day lads 21 sundays and 3 weeks off nights with no pay cut they are working 6 weeks off nights as it is and half off them dont work any nights cause they swap them with other people.Remember they are on 44,800 a year with a bonus off 2000 on top of that which brings there money up to 46,800 gross a year i am a hourly paid worker and have to brake my bollock to get between 35,000 and 40,000 they are on salary and get paid if they work or not.The voice pick is not a handheld device but a headset like earphones or what they wear at MCdonalds drive through.They get a roaster for a year the day one goes from APRIL TO APRIL and the night one from MAY TO MAY.The day lads work about 185 to 190 days a year and the night lads work 153 nights not bad money for all this

#189

not bad money, the chill kick them selfs in the a** as the warehouse guys told you lot that if they going to bring in this stuff inside the warehouse their going to do the same to you guys but you didnt support the warehouse, so now the warehouse, Drivers, Office Staff are not supporting the chill.

I worked in the chill for 2 years, i hated the place, the full time lads treated us like Sh*t (Students) we would go over our breakfast by over 3 mins they would give out sh*t to the line managers.. never mind but you could be right at the back of the Chill.. had to walk all the way over the from the Chill into the warehouse pass the warehouse lads and into the canteen eat your breakfast and walk all the way back within 15mins..

they would stab you in the back as soon as you turn around.

mcko Registered User
#190

Like I said before divide and conquer.
To all those who passed an official picket, well you have to look at yourselves in the mirror every morning.
I know little of the ins and outs of the strike, but it showed up how little the working man cares for his fellow working men.
I feel ashamed to be honest.

The only losers here long term are workers all over Ireland, I am sure IBEC are rubbing there hands with glee that union members crossed an Offiial Picket.

I will not post on this topic again, but it will be a cold day in hell before I support any shop that Musgraves supplies.

Again I am ashamed to be from Cork.

valmascal Registered User
#191

Cork24 said:
Why are they on strike well first off

Contract.. Musgrave wants to bring in zero hours meaning you could get 37 hours one week and the next 6 hours

Night shift.. They want it inline with Dublin at the moment their doing 4 night shifts a week no time with the kids etc if you have a family

Handheld.. They have no problem with the hand held devices only that it will make them pick slower and they will lose their picking rate or 80% an hour in turn lose pay.

This is why their out on strike managers in musgraves are feeding their office staff sh!t so in turn they won't take any feelings for the people on strike now the office staff workers are now in the warehouse covering for the people out I. Strike..

Don't take any notice of people stating their only out on strike for money this is not true under te national pay agreement musgrave has yet to give the cork dept it's 6% it was due 3 years ago and guess what Dublin got their full 6% so did galway cash & carry but musgrave closed it down and then gave all the directors a big fat bonus of just under a half million each



I work in dublin chill we did not get full 6% we got 5% over three years this was after we went to the labour court on PAY only and got shafted when they came back with a ruling saying we HAD to do voice picking and work an extra 6 sundays.We have to do this now because the labour court ruling is binding on us as it was under section 20.There is a PERMENANT night shift in dublin.if we had a choice we would not be doing voice.To those office workers and people in the cork chill who have broken the strike. who will you turn to for support when musgraves want to change your terms and conditions?By NOT supporting this strike you have seriously weakened your job security because when musgraves finish with these strikers they will be coming after you.Its a race to the bottom for wages and conditions the company have you by the balls now and you don't even know it.And when you they come looking for change and you say"but i worked through the strike boss" they will tell you" So what"When will working people ever realise that its only by sticking together that we can be strong.

regress Registered User
#192

Divide and conquer. The Ambient and Office staff have shafted the Chill workers on strike. This could come back to haunt them in future if they ever needed support.

#193

regress said:
Divide and conquer. The Ambient and Office staff have shafted the Chill workers on strike. This could come back to haunt them in future if they ever needed support.

I work in the chill as HDTM it is in my contract to accept all new devices that the chill want to bring in if i like it or not i still have to go with it thats what the full timers shafted us with.They tought by us HDTM AND STUNDENTS doing it they wont have to.Another thing is we are hourly paid like the student work and have different contracts to the full time people we have no choice but to come in to work or we will be replaced and that can happen very easy in this day and age.The office staff are not in a union most off them are on six month contracts but a good few are there long term no union no vote have to come to work.The AMBIENT work force have accepted the deal they took on the voice pick system they are using it since the start of the year in return they got no saturday night work or sunday day shift or night plus they got a lead in payment of 1000 euro plus pay rise over 3 years and still can make about 44,000 to 46,000 a year without weekend work.The ambient drivers would not touch the strike why should they some off them are on 80,000 plus a year for driving a truck the chill drivers the same they make about 60,000 plus a year both driver union accepted there terms and conditions got a 5% pay rise for using a hand held device to scan combies into and of a store.thats why they have no backing all terms and conditions accepted by all other parts of musgraves these guys better wake up and do the same

Bruce_Wayne Registered User
#194

Its about time these spoiled little brats get back to work!

All they've manage to achieve is frustrate the un-employed population of Cork City & County..... These people are in VERY privileged positions and clearly dont realise it.

1 person has thanked this post
#195

midmal30 said:
I work in the chill as HDTM it is in my contract to accept all new devices that the chill want to bring in if i like it or not i still have to go with it thats what the full timers shafted us with.They tought by us HDTM AND STUNDENTS doing it they wont have to.Another thing is we are hourly paid like the student work and have different contracts to the full time people we have no choice but to come in to work or we will be replaced and that can happen very easy in this day and age.The office staff are not in a union most off them are on six month contracts but a good few are there long term no union no vote have to come to work.The AMBIENT work force have accepted the deal they took on the voice pick system they are using it since the start of the year in return they got no saturday night work or sunday day shift or night plus they got a lead in payment of 1000 euro plus pay rise over 3 years and still can make about 44,000 to 46,000 a year without weekend work.The ambient drivers would not touch the strike why should they some off them are on 80,000 plus a year for driving a truck the chill drivers the same they make about 60,000 plus a year both driver union accepted there terms and conditions got a 5% pay rise for using a hand held device to scan combies into and of a store.thats why they have no backing all terms and conditions accepted by all other parts of musgraves these guys better wake up and do the same


How many times are you going to say i work in the chill as a HDTM ?? as once is enough

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!