elius Registered User

Hoping to head out tomorrow for a few hours can anyone advise anywhere on the east coast will travel... have tried Clogher and Howth both seams to have seal issue's although ive caught a nice few Pollock in howth...

1 person has thanked this post
P4DDY2K11 Registered User

That wind over the past couple of days would have forced the mackerel off shore for a while now man, i cant see you catching much in the next few days but you can always try..

squidly Registered User

tonytoc11 said:
Any caught around Cork yet?

caught one off the rocks near kinsale last night.

willah Registered User

Balscadden in Howth was alive with them on Monday dozens caught. Tried the pier today and only one caught.

P4DDY2K11 Registered User

Tried skerries today, caught fúck all! there was about 10 people there and one smally caught between them.

Had 48 mackerel and 2 pollock in an hour and a half in black head this evening, good going me thinks

cdublin Registered User

There are macks being caught at the end of the Poolbeg pier in Ringsend.
Some days better than others but fairly consistent at the moment.

elius Registered User

Caught 9 in Howth (Balscadden) Plenty being caught was like a a drive through the seals who where quit happy to relieve your hooks of a fresh mackerel... Finished up with 9 as that was enough for me. Plenty being caught when i left though...

1 person has thanked this post
derekohara Registered User

Been out the last few days. Holy Mackeral there's fecken loads of them out there at the back of Irelands eye. Same old when it comes to the seals........I hooked into a seal a few times and my antique split cane rod was snapped ;-(. Got it fixed though. I reckon that poor oul seal has a few hooks hanging out of him!!

anyone know if this place is doing ggod for mackrel

derekohara Registered User

What place?? There's lots of Mackeral out there at the moment. A lot of them are very small but there's plenty of them!! Watch out for the seals

derekohara said:
What place?? There's lots of Mackeral out there at the moment. A lot of them are very small but there's plenty of them!! Watch out for the seals

im staying in otway cottages at martello tower. any good places nearby?

Jonnykitedude Registered User

Was up Clougherhead way yesterday and NOTHING! Thinking about heading to Dalky on Sunday morning and renting a boat, anybody know how much he charges theses days or has anybody contact info?

potholes84 Registered User

Anybody been catching anything in Tramore / Annestown / Helvick area? Havent had a chance to go yet this year

irishbucka Registered User

going to try clogherhead or balbriggan tommorow. i never fished clogherhead is there much space up there cause i want to bring the kids with me and i dont want to be in peoples way

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!