brian_t Registered User

Danish/Swedish subtitled drama The Bridge starts on BBC4 Saturday 21st April 9pm-11pm. Showing episodes 1 & 2 of 10.

Eps 1 is repeated on BBC4 Monday 23rd April 11.00pm.
Eps 2 is repeated on BBC4 Tuesday 24rd April 10.50pm.

A woman is found murdered in the middle of Oresund Bridge, exactly on the border between Sweden and Denmark. Saga Noren from Malmo CID and Martin Rohde from the Copenhagen police department are called to the scene. What at first looks like one murder turns out to be two. The bodies have been brutally cut off at the waist and joined together - the torso of a high-profile Swedish politician and the lower body of a Danish prostitute. The Swedish and Danish police need to cooperate in a race against the clock, desperately searching for a murderer determined to go beyond all moral limits to get his message across.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01gmbvb

Nibble tonight’s first two episodes of The Bridge and you will imediately want to devour the whole series. Just be careful not to break your teeth, because this is hard: a tough kernel of a gripping story wrapped in layers of rock. It makes The Killing seem cuddly.

But The Bridge is immensely rewarding: a proper, grown-up thriller dense with characters who aren’t instantly likeable or likeable at all, even after due consideration. Nordic noir fans will love it, and they will fall for its odd, brittle “heroine”, twitchy Swedish detective Saga Noren (Sofia Helin).

Saga isn’t a gimmicky maverick cop; neither is her Danish sidekick, Martin Rohde (Kim Bodnia), a hairy, shambling dad to many children, a mere jokey foil. The pair are thrown together when a body is found in the middle of the Oresund bridge linking Denmark and Sweden. As the joint investigation begins, prepare to enter the murky netherworlds of the dispossessed and the damaged as a determined serial killer decides to right society’s many wrongs.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/qdrch/the-bridge--series-1---episode-1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2129868/The-Bridge-Icy-blonde-leather-clad--meet-BBCs-new-Scandinavian-crime-sensation.html

I enjoyed watching "Forbrydelsen" (The Killing) and "Spiral" so I am looking forward to this latest scandinavian import.

4 people have thanked this post

That's Saturday nights sorted until the summer!

starts tonight.

2 people have thanked this post
groovie Registered User

Anything is better that Inspector Montayawn (imho, ymmv etc). Been looking forward to this since the end of Forbrydelsen and Borgen. I need my danish!

adox Registered User

Sky+d. Still to watch Birgen so will finish that first.

Are they repeating this?

RichT Registered User

Episode 1 repeated this Monday 23rd at 11pm.

Episode 2 repeated this Tuesday 24th 10.50pm.

1 person has thanked this post
ejmaztec Registered User

After watching Forbrydelsen and the first two episodes of The Bridge, I'm now beginning to wonder whether Scandinavian female cops are all barking mad, and in need of constant psychiatric care.

Spoiler (Show)

Eod100 Registered User

This is probably a silly question but can BBC4 programmes be Sky plused?

ejmaztec Registered User

Eod100 said:
This is probably a silly question but can BBC4 programmes be Sky plused?

BBC4 is on the EPG so It must be possible.

patrickn Registered User

Yes BBC 4 can be SKY+

TeRmInAlCrAzY Registered User

Wonder if Saga is related to Lisbet?

Eod100 Registered User

Am I right in saying that each Saturday there'll be 2 episodes shown?

Think I read that somewhere but can't find where.

TeRmInAlCrAzY Registered User

Eod100 said:
Am I right in saying that each Saturday there'll be 2 episodes shown?

Yup

ejmaztec Registered User

TeRmInAlCrAzY said:
Wonder if Saga is related to Lisbet?

I think they have the same psychiatrist.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!