http://www.midletongym.ie/

The gym above in midleton has gone into administration and has closed down but the cheeky buggars are still taking direct debit payments from peoples bank accounts, is anyone here a member of this gym have any info, a friend of mine is after being hit for this months direct debit

Jarren Registered User

get him to go to his bank and ask them to reverse the payment.

deRanged Registered User

and go into the bank and give them instructions in writing to cancel the direct debit.

1 person has thanked this post
harvester of sorrow Registered User

Yeah heard about this....pity really as it was a great gym.Alot of the lads inc. myself have moved to the one over by Tesco.
If ypur friend is still getting his membership debited just tell him cancel it with the bank....simples.
Hopefully someone will take it over soon

number10a Registered User

harvester of sorrow said:
Yeah heard about this....pity really as it was a great gym.Alot of the lads inc. myself have moved to the one over by Tesco.
If ypur friend is still getting his membership debited just tell him cancel it with the bank....simples.
Hopefully someone will take it over soon

Have you a link for the one over there. Would be interested in joining somewhere myself.

yep ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats the one
It used to be fairly quiet but as i said alot of the mfc lads are there now and things have become considerably busier.

Pat McGhee Registered User

@ number10a, I go to the Train Station Gym on the Dungourney Road - great place, i can't recommend it enough. The lads that run it are sound, they're all about functional fitness and no sh*te about them. Posers need not apply, lol!

They've got an offer on facebook at the moment too, no harm sussing them out if you're looking for somewhere new.

paudie Registered User

Slightly off topic, but could anyone recommend a good pool in Midleton, for proper lane swimming?

Thanks.

Mmmmmmm not sure if the one in the hotel is suitable,but if you have a car Aura in Youghal is worth a look.
http://www.auraleisure.ie/youghal

wispyman Registered User

I see the gym is now under new management and in the process of reopening.

Excellent news.!

Midleton Thai Registered User

Even though it's under new management, I wonder will they struggle to regain the older members. Alot of them have gone elsewhere already, and couldn't be blamed for being slow to go back there.

I've heard as well that they're back in the old venue for a few months, but are sorting out a new premises on main st? Anybody else heard this?

Yeah....heard a rumble that their looking at distillery lane,somewhere near the tanning studio area.

Midleton Thai Registered User

harvester of sorrow said:
Yeah....heard a rumble that their looking at distillery lane,somewhere near the tanning studio area.

Yep, that's what I heard as well....there's a nice big open unit on the ground floor there backing onto the car park at the rear. That or the 2 floors above Irwins electrical. Had a look at them myself a while back, but landlords were looking for us to fit the building out as well....all that's there is the core. There's some serious money to be pumped in there before it'll be ready for use.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!