radiata Registered User

Ronnie looking really good so far, hasn't really given Williams a chance in last 2 frames

3ndahalfof6 Registered User

well he got very lucky there, but its great to see it so tight couple of great frames to watch.

cherryghost Frequent Support Feeder

Carter 2-0 on Trump already. Entertaining first 2 frames.

Setun Registered User

cherryghost said:
Carter 2-0 on Trump already. Entertaining first 2 frames.

Looks like Trump has recovered from his food poisoning! Very smooth around the table on that last break to make it 3-2.

babymanval Registered User

Rumour has it that there was a £50,000 bet placed in Glasgow on a 13-4 Hendry victory over Higgins

2 people have thanked this post
zack01 Banned

babymanval said:
Rumour has it that there was a £50,000 bet placed in Glasgow on a 13-4 Hendry victory over Higgins

Pathetic

1 person has thanked this post
Kidchameleon Registered User

babymanval said:

Ha

Wouldn't surprise me!

zack01 Banned

This is the order of play on day nine.

But firstly a word on Hendry v Higgins yesterday, a fantastic result for Hendry, he did'nt really have much to beat really as Higgins turned in probably his worst ever performance in tneir second session on Friday night. Hendry still had to pot the balls though and he has every chance of beating Maguire in their quater final.
Higgins was truthful in his interview after and wished Hendry the very best and that it was great to see him on the big stage again, he never made any excuse, like some other fallen seeds this week, he took it on the chin and showed the champion that he is.

First two matches can go either way, no strong favourite but im going to back Higginson and Hawkins to win.

Afternoon sees the second sessions of two matches, i would expect Trump to make some sort of inroads on Carters lead but Carter is a tough nut, this session could be shared 4-4.
I'll go Ronnie to beat Williams 5-3 again.

Now time to log onto betfair. 
10am
19 Jamie Jones v Andrew Higginson
24 Matthew Stevens v Barry Hawkins

2.30pm
20 Ali Carter v Judd Trump
21 Mark Williams v Ronnie O'Sullivan

7pm
19 Jamie Jones v Andrew Higginson
24 Matthew Stevens v Barry Hawkins

zack01 Banned

A great piece by Ben Dirs from the BBC about the torture chamber within the Cruicble !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bendirs/2012/04/the_torture_chamber_hidden_wit.html

Setun Registered User

Excellent article, and fitting to read it while Ronnie is playing sensational stuff against Mark Williams. Such a large part of the game is about confidence - if you're feeling good on a shot, your chances of making it increase exponentially. Ronnie seems to be feeling very good this afternoon.

cherryghost Frequent Support Feeder

The way its been going so far, an O'Sullivan vs Hendry final could be on the cards! Robertson will have something to say about that though. Carter has looked excellent too. That's my top 4 of the tournament anyway. I wouldn't bet on one of them to win outright.

2 people have thanked this post
zack01 Banned

cherryghost said:
The way its been going so far, an O'Sullivan vs Hendry final could be on the cards! Robertson will have something to say about that though. Carter has looked excellent too. That's my top 4 of the tournament anyway. I wouldn't bet on one of them to win outright.

Wow! The thoughts of a Hendry v O'Sullivan final would be fantastic, although i feel the winner of Trump v Carter will make the final from that half of the draw.
I'm back over on Saturday for the last sessions of the semi finals and the two day final. I can't wait.

Holy Diver Registered User

Absolutely glorious snooker from Ronnie. It's looking like he's gonna take some stopping this year

IvySlayer Registered User

Not surprised Higgins crashed out, probably making a fortune from it. Ronnie playing nice stuff

Turtwig Censoring your opinion since you posted

Jesus! Ronnie makes it look like a video version game at times. Amazing stuff.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!