Turbine Banned

JayJay123 said:
How do I apply for PDF?

Not bein bad here but if you need help with that, you may as well not bother...

1 person has thanked this post

JayJay123 said:
How do I apply for PDF?

Not bein bad here but if you need help with that, you may as well not bother...

I meant where.

SasQuatch88 Registered User

Just a quick little question, but I'm not the strongest of swimmers, will this be detrimental for me down the line if i successfully make the cut?

SasQuatch88 said:
Just a quick little question, but I'm not the strongest of swimmers, will this be detrimental for me down the line if i successfully make the cut?

If your job requires you to swim, you will be properly instructed how to do it the army way.

Excellent.. cheers Goldie

beco2010 Registered User

beco2010 said:
just to ask, i'v aplied to the army but also the navy will this come across as if i have no commitment to ether

i just needed to ask this again

SasQuatch88 said:

I spent the full 28 weeks of training getting thrown in the sea pretty much every day, while not knowning how to swim. You'll be fine.

beco2010 said:
i just needed to ask this again

No, you should be fine.

1 person has thanked this post
moonbloom Registered User

can you apply for df if you are colour blind?.

minidazzler Registered User

moonbloom said:
can you apply for df if you are colour blind?.

You can apply, but unless you did something dishonest like memorise the correct answers which correspond to the correct Ishihara plate then you won't get in...

Also, to the swimmer guy, why not spend the next while improving your swimming technique? It's one of the things that people should learn before they turn 5. It could save your life whether you are in the army or not.

<disclaimer>Not in DF, just some general advice</disclaimer>

I spent the full 28 weeks of training getting thrown in the sea pretty much every day, while not knowning how to swim. You'll be fine.

Cheers Poc... Puts me at ease a good bit.. but not enough to drown haha
Will work on the swimming when available.

Local-womanizer Registered User

Swimming is a fancy name for not drowning in an aquatic environment!

6 people have thanked this post

One more question.. (for now)
My BMI is currently at 30, I know that's the max the army allows and I know It's not an accurate system..
but would the medical centre do a caliper test as im at 30?
I'm by all means not a fat ****e or anything... may be lugging around a few extra pounds but they wont be there for long..
I've seen people twice my width and weight less ya know..
So to recap my question is:
Will the Army do a Caliper test as I'm at 30 BMI

SasQuatch88 said:
One more question.. (for now)
My BMI is currently at 30, I know that's the max the army allows and I know It's not an accurate system..
but would the medical centre do a caliper test as im at 30?
I'm by all means not a fat ****e or anything... may be lugging around a few extra pounds but they wont be there for long..
I've seen people twice my width and weight less ya know..
So to recap my question is:
Will the Army do a Caliper test as I'm at 30 BMI

They will first note your height / weight and age and gain a rough BMI using a scale chart.

If you are over the BMI they will do an accurate test with the calipers.

It wasn't me! Moderator

What is the BMI limit before they do a callipers test? I'm typically around 26-26.5, which is over the 25 normal line, but that's when I'm in my best shape.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!