• Hell Yeah (58.04%)
  • God Almighty No!! (41.96%)
Karsini Registered User

Any chance of them adding an aspect ratio control for the 720p and 1080i modes?

warlikedave Registered User

energy1942 said:
I think that when connected to two leads it may record on card trick, no reason why it should not.

It may - as I said I can only surmise at the moment in regards to recording via card trick channels using dual tuner mode

Karsini said:
Any chance of them adding an aspect ratio control for the 720p and 1080i modes?

Not as of yet - it has been mentioned on their forums however. As far as I remember there is only aspect ratio control in RGB/scart mode.

1 person has thanked this post
Karsini Registered User

warlikedave said:
Not as of yet - it has been mentioned on their forums however. As far as I remember there is only aspect ratio control in RGB/scart mode.

Thanks. I'm hoping for it as my TV can't do aspect ratio control on HDMI, so I have to use a SCART lead at the moment.

Karsini said:
Thanks. I'm hoping for it as my TV can't do aspect ratio control on HDMI, so I have to use a SCART lead at the moment.

How come your HD flat screen cant correct the aspect ratio? have you no manual controls on the TV that could help?

Karsini Registered User

warlikedave said:
How come your HD flat screen cant correct the aspect ratio? have you no manual controls on the TV that could help?

Samsung TVs don't support automatic aspect ratio control on HDMI, only via SCART. There is a manual override but it's a pain. On any other TV, setting the Sky box to Automatic will allow it, but not Samsungs.

1 person has thanked this post
dublinbusdude Registered User

Anyone have a picture to show what it should look like?

muffler Moderator

dublinbusdude said:
There's a few posted further back in this thread.

dublinbusdude said:

http://www.irishupandcomingmusicscene.tk/wordpressgaming/?p=201

Major update - the card trick no Longer works. I received an update on my sky box last night and it has blocked basically the ability to use the card trick I tried it again and again but it doesn't seem to work.

I've run the procedure several times today but to no avail I'll keep you informed but there is not much I can do about it I'd say

galtee boy Registered User

warlikedave said:
Major update - the card trick no Longer works. I received an update on my sky box last night and it has blocked basically the ability to use the card trick I tried it again and again but it doesn't seem to work.

I've run the procedure several times today but to no avail I'll keep you informed but there is not much I can do about it I'd say

Does this mean that, when and if this new epg is released to everyone later in the year, no matter what make of box we have, the ability to use the card trick will be taken from us all ? If so, I'm glad I held on to my Humax pvr box.

galtee boy said:
Does this mean that, when and if this new epg is released to everyone later in the year, no matter what make of box we have, the ability to use the card trick will be taken from us all ? If so, I'm glad I held on to my Humax pvr box.

It does look that way but I am not too sure - I have to tinker around with the skybox a bit more in order to be sure - plus I've noticed that whenever I change the channel to a former card trick epg number it autoswitches to channel 998

I have to do more research and I'll keep you guys informed but it doesn't look too promising

jca Registered User

jca said:
I'm in co Wexford. Do you want to try it in my house? I have dual Feed.

Might take ye up on that - shall see - am quite busy at the moment - hence why I haven't been all that active on boards.ie as of late

Pm me if you want to give it a try. Looking very gloomy at the moment for the card trick.

greendom Registered User

warlikedave said:

Feck - find bugs with the beta - lots of them - make them send it back to the drawing board

SPAWKER Registered User

warlikedave said:

Was the card trick done using a blue card or one of the white ones ? Maybe they sent a signal to the boxes to kill all the old blue cards that are out there.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!