AlmightyDublin Registered User
#1,201

Attention everybody! I've just finished building a bass guitar
So worth it!

4 people have thanked this post
Siobhnk Registered User
#1,202

Does anyone here know how to apply for ucd accommodation? Like I've looked at the website accommodation page and FAQ but it doesn't actually go about how you book. Like is there a telephone number or something?

leavingcert. Registered User
#1,203

Siobhnk said:
Does anyone here know how to apply for ucd accommodation? Like I've looked at the website accommodation page and FAQ but it doesn't actually go about how you book. Like is there a telephone number or something?


Bookings open 9th May for CAO students i believe

Canard J'ai une araignée au plafond
#1,204

Arghhh, I'd really like to get an A in geography but I'm so worried about the option section since its worth 80 marks. Every year they interchange between hot desert climate account and mid latitude depressions and the latter is due up this year, but if it doesnt come up... :S I cant do half the past questions coz my teacher mainly did obscure, never asked ones and cant help me with the ones they HAVE asked.

I'd like to learn the 5 geoecology essays that PF posted in that thread but I dont know if its too late My teacher would be able to mark them since he used to do that one but he'd kill me!

Wesc. Registered User
#1,205

Patchy~ said:
Arghhh, I'd really like to get an A in geography but I'm so worried about the option section since its worth 80 marks. Every year they interchange between hot desert climate account and mid latitude depressions and the latter is due up this year, but if it doesnt come up... :S I cant do half the past questions coz my teacher mainly did obscure, never asked ones and cant help me with the ones they HAVE asked.

I'd like to learn the 5 geoecology essays that PF posted in that thread but I dont know if its too late My teacher would be able to mark them since he used to do that one but he'd kill me!


I learnt 4 in one day! Took a day off school a while back before the mocks, wrote out 4 geoecology essays and learnt them off! Took ages but if you really stick at it you'll get it done! I did in a library though because I'd imagine it'd be difficult to do that at home, but hey everyone's different

But beware.. geoecology is extremely boring.

Canard J'ai une araignée au plafond
#1,206

Wesc. said:
I learnt 4 in one day! Took a day off school a while back before the mocks, wrote out 4 geoecology essays and learnt them off! Took ages but if you really stick at it you'll get it done! I did in a library though because I'd imagine it'd be difficult to do that at home, but hey everyone's different

But beware.. geoecology is extremely boring.

I imagine I could do it too with the bank holiday coming up!
I'd prefer boring to ridiculously hard We did the atmosphere-ocean environment and the chief examiner's reports always say how badly answered it is and how unattempted it is...and its no surprise because its ridiculously scientific

Soils 4 lyf! I kind of know the hot desert biome anyway, I have an A-O question about it done with the distribution and climate, so all I'd need is flowers/fauna

Mysteriouschic Registered User
#1,207

Patchy~ said:
Arghhh, I'd really like to get an A in geography but I'm so worried about the option section since its worth 80 marks. Every year they interchange between hot desert climate account and mid latitude depressions and the latter is due up this year, but if it doesnt come up... :S I cant do half the past questions coz my teacher mainly did obscure, never asked ones and cant help me with the ones they HAVE asked.

I'd like to learn the 5 geoecology essays that PF posted in that thread but I dont know if its too late My teacher would be able to mark them since he used to do that one but he'd kill me!


Most of the teachers leave the geoecology option til near the end so it should be fine. My current teacher still hasn't gone over the option.
There's only a few questions which can come up. If you're doing the human option the Sahel question links in with it.

Canard J'ai une araignée au plafond
#1,208

Mysteriouschic said:
Most of the teachers leave the geoecology option til near the end so it should be fine. My current teacher still hasn't gone over the option.
There's only a few questions which can come up. If you're doing the human option the Sahel question links in with it.

Yeah we only did ours back in February, pretty late like. I did the economic one, but sure I might not even do the geoecology if my teacher is really against it, cant hurt though imo. It might be marked harder than the others as my teacher said, but no sense doing an 'easy marked' option if you cant bloody write anything to get marks for

PictureFrame Registered User
#1,209

Mysteriouschic said:
Most of the teachers leave the geoecology option til near the end so it should be fine. My current teacher still hasn't gone over the option.
There's only a few questions which can come up. If you're doing the human option the Sahel question links in with it.


We did Geoecology before Christmas in 5th year!

Mysteriouschic Registered User
#1,210

PictureFrame said:
We did Geoecology before Christmas in 5th year!


Oh my teachers seem to leave the option right til the end :S. My last teacher did give us sample answers but literally a few days before the mock of last year. This one is still yet to cover it and will probably just print out sample answers or make us copy it off the board something . He's still yet to finish human hes only done an answer on population density and a bit on The Sahel . I don't know if it's worth giving him answers to correct...

PictureFrame Registered User
#1,211

Mysteriouschic said:
Oh my teachers seem to leave the option right til the end :S. My last teacher did give us sample answers but literally a few days before the mock of last year. This one is still yet to cover it and will probably just print out sample answers or make us copy it off the board something . He's still yet to finish human hes only done an answer on population density and a bit on The Sahel . I don't know if it's worth giving him answers to correct...

Are ye only on Population Distribution/Density in Human Elective yet? That's the first chapter though

Mysteriouschic Registered User
#1,212

Patchy~ said:
Yeah we only did ours back in February, pretty late like. I did the economic one, but sure I might not even do the geoecology if my teacher is really against it, cant hurt though imo. It might be marked harder than the others as my teacher said, but no sense doing an 'easy marked' option if you cant bloody write anything to get marks for


You could cover both so just incase you don't like the other topic you have the geoecology as a back up if you wanted to. I'm not sure how hard or how it's marked, I'll probably hand a few up to be corrected apart from the ones I'm learning from the Sue Honan book.

Mysteriouschic Registered User
#1,213

PictureFrame said:
Are ye only on Population Distribution/Density in Human Elective yet? That's the first chapter though


I have it all covered from last year so it's not too bad for me I have it done . I'm just going over everything by myself. Anyone who hasn't done geography before will be well behind . And he's still not done the non-eu region for the regional section. The notes he gives are from the srp book I think I have those notes from it from the institute I only did that option the guy who wrote the book teachers there so I have answers for the rest of the course or know it from last year and can easily go over it. All I need is a map really for the settlement question as I've lost mine.

Siobhnk Registered User
#1,214

leavingcert. said:
Bookings open 9th May for CAO students i believe


Yeah I read that, but I can't find on the website where it explains how you book your place :S

Mysteriouschic Registered User
#1,215

What kind of Seamus Heaney poetry questions could come up? I can only find about 2/3 questions on him in the exam papers.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!