ancapailldorcha Moderator

Retr0gamer said:
Seriously?? Legend of Dragoon? Lets try and keep some sanity in the discussion!

I only watched it to decide whether or not to get it off PSN. It was just button mashing and characters shouting the names of the moves they just did.

I did that as well actually. Found it really corny that they wait until after the attack is finished to roar their attack. Kind of redundant at that stage.

I have a hazy recollection of the game through a demo I got in some Irish playstation magazine. They gave it a 5 in the next issue if I recall

Retr0gamer Category Moderator

ancapailldorcha said:
I only watched it to decide whether or not to get it off PSN. It was just button mashing and characters shouting the names of the moves they just did.

Come on... I mean how much more warning can some one give?

I think I had the same demo, it ended up with a fairly tough snake boss.

Took me ages to get the timing right for some of those moves.

ancapailldorcha said:
Took me ages to get the timing right for some of those moves.

It's not about timing, the timing is really lenient. The problem is the framerate which is so low that there's horrendous input lag. You have to input the command well before the icon indicates to do so otherwise the game will think the command is too late. Took me a while to get used to it. Just one of a myriad of problems with that game.

I was always quite enraged at that. I was so sure my timing was fine.

RedXIV Registered User

Yeah as much as I'd enjoy seeing Retr0's reaction to putting LoD in front of her next, She'd actually lose the plot with that timing issue. I can live it with but she needs a much higher bar of quality to keep her in the gaming scene

1 person has thanked this post
noodler Registered User

Retr0gamer said:
Dhoulmagus gave me an awful time in DQVIII, had to do some grinding there.

As for Nocturne I think everyone has trouble with Matador. I find the main series SMT games get easier once you get over the tough start. I know SMT on the SNES became easier as it went on, by the end I was using auto battle for all the final bosses.

Yeah, the first Dhoulmagus fight took me hours of attempts.

Andy!! Banned

You still trollin are ya Retro.

Your posts are WAY OT. This thread is not about FFVII in general. It is about one person's particular experience with it. So stop inflating this thread with your BS please.

1 person has thanked this post

Andy!! said:
You still trollin are ya Retro.

Your posts are WAY OT. This thread is not about FFVII in general. It is about one person's particular experience with it. So stop inflating this thread with your BS please.

Give it a break and get back under your bridge.

Andy!! Banned

Retr0gamer said:

Give it a break and get back under your bridge.

The definition of irony, ladies and gentlemen!

Hey OP; ever considered getting her onto Parasite Eve next? Kinda an RPG, nice action, maybe she would be interested that the lead is a chick, dunno, don't want to sound like an idiot male here hah.

Draupnir Registered User

Can this thread not be left to the topic at hand?

There must be 80% or more off topic posts in it and half of those by the moderator. Absolute nonsense. I only want to read about the thread topic, I don't care how great you people are at RPGs.

12 people have thanked this post
noodler Registered User

Draupnir said:

There must be 80% or more off topic posts in it and half of those by the moderator. Absolute nonsense.

What difference does it make who is dragging it off-thread?

Andy!! Banned

Draupnir said:

There must be 80% or more off topic posts in it and half of those by the moderator. Absolute nonsense.

What difference does it make who is dragging it off-thread?

Mods should show some responsibility. They represent the website.

Andy!! said:
The definition of irony, ladies and gentlemen!

Hey OP; ever considered getting her onto Parasite Eve next? Kinda an RPG, nice action, maybe she would be interested that the lead is a chick, dunno, don't want to sound like an idiot male here hah.

Draupnir said:
Can this thread not be left to the topic at hand?

There must be 80% or more off topic posts in it and half of those by the moderator. Absolute nonsense. I only want to read about the thread topic, I don't care how great you people are at RPGs.

How about stop posting like this so the thread can actually remain on topic. As far as I can see it the thread remains on topic until a post like this comes up to take it off topic. Off topic posting is covered in the charter, if the posts go off topic as long as the discussion remains civil it's fine. This thread doesn't seem to have a problem going back on topic anyway.

Andy!! said:
Mods should show some responsibility. They represent the website.

Backseat modding is covered in the charter, anymore of this and you'll be taking a break from the forum. These posts add nothing to the discussion. That goes for everyone.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!