Alanstrainor Moderator
#166

pred racer said:
Prob wouldnt have noticed it only you mentioned it, but yeah its odd looking.

On a personal note, i just dont like silver cars!


I'm obviously just a cautious cat. The marks are off a washing line! And its just the shadow.

Will be viewing on Saturday anyway. Here's hoping it's as good as it looks in the photos.

pred racer Registered User
#167

Alanstrainor said:
I'm obviously just a cautious cat. The marks are off a washing line! And its just the shadow.

Will be viewing on Saturday anyway. Here's hoping it's as good as it looks in the photos.


It'll still be silver though

6 people have thanked this post
Ardennes1944 Registered User
#168

Silver.......dont do it! Youve only been looking a few days alan, hold off a while longer

Alanstrainor Moderator
#169

Ardennes1944 said:
Silver.......dont do it! Youve only been looking a few days alan, hold off a while longer


Haven't bought it yet lads. Just going to view on Saturday!

I have some high res photos and it looks the business. I'm clearly not as against silver as yee lot!

challengemaster Registered User
#170

Alanstrainor said:
Haven't bought it yet lads. Just going to view on Saturday!

I have some high res photos and it looks the business. I'm clearly not as against silver as yee lot!


Ah you just haven't experienced any other colour yet, that's the problem. It just never shows up as well as other colours when you clean it up, sure that's why MetzgerMeister changed cars!

Alanstrainor Moderator
#171

challengemaster said:
Ah you just haven't experienced any other colour yet, that's the problem. It just never shows up as well as other colours when you clean it up, sure that's why MetzgerMeister changed cars!


It could be worse, it could be black!

1 person has thanked this post
conzy Registered User
#172

I don't like something about that silver coupe. It was for sale when I was looking with all the m sport trim on it.

1 person has thanked this post
delly Radiator
#173

I think that its just the shadows from the top of the bush behind.

/EDIT missed the 5th page, already cleared up.

RoverJames Banned
#174

Alanstrainor said:
............

Anyway, this guy jumped right on my wanted thread on BMW-Driver:
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3056755

The spoiler looks cack on them though!


conzymaher said:
I don't like something about that silver coupe. It was for sale when I was looking with all the m sport trim on it.


I don't know the car, I don't know the seller but it's strange to have an add that detailed mentioning all the history and the car is stunning but it's due an NCT next month.

It seems a bit of a WTF to me.

2 people have thanked this post
challengemaster Registered User
#175

Alanstrainor said:
It could be worse, it could be black!


Cheeky bugger

If you like that silver one in all fairness, it looks like a decent buy. Just remember you'll be looking at it every day so get one that makes you smile, colour included

1 person has thanked this post
Ardennes1944 Registered User
#176

Without wanting to drag this whole colour thing on (). Silber is a colour for people with no personality

2 people have thanked this post
Alanstrainor Moderator
#177

RoverJames said:
I don't know the car, I don't know the seller but it's strange to have an add that detailed mentioning all the history and the car is stunning but it's due an NCT next month.

It seems a bit of a WTF to me.


Indeed. I made it clear to the seller that it was a no go without the nct and that I wouldn't purchase without a new nct.

2 people have thanked this post
Alanstrainor Moderator
#178

Thanks for all the responses lads, I honestly don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have all this advice from yee lot!

delly Radiator
#179

I think we should base the next meet on you going to view some possible purchases. A dozen fellas (and one or two girls) turn up to some house in an estate, double parking all over the place, and we all have a good nose over the car. I dunno what the seller would think.

2 people have thanked this post
unkel 666 FIV
#180

Alanstrainor said:
Thanks for all the responses lads, I honestly don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have all this advice from yee lot!


You're well able to find yourself the right car and present it to your mechanic for a quick look over before you parts with your monies

The only thing you needed us for was to convince you not to buy a Toyota Corolla

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!