Peetrik Registered User

Wompa1 said:
Jaysus. What is it with people on Boards! People that are pro legalizing cannabis use the argument that alcohol is more dangerous and is legal and now you are saying ya but the politicians get public money and mess around.

So be angry about both...don't give this guy the a pass because somebody somewhere else is doing something worse. No wonder that country is f**ked

Your arguement makes absolutely no sense.

johncdub Registered User

Hi Guys

I'm currently on a disability payment which has been reduced to E80 per week. The fuel allowance has just ended. I'm Irish and 27.

I have no other income, and I'm unable to pay bills. Having had Cancer 2 years ago, I seem to be extremely sensitive to the cold. I've contacted the SV de P. First time in my life. I need to heat my house, as I've been without heat for 2 months. I'm freezing. I've asked for assistance, and I've told them I'll pay them back when back on my feet.

I wondered if anyone else has ever received assistance from SVP? I'm mortified asking for help, but I have no choice. Do they visit your home, ask for proof of bills, bank account?

PM me if you wish.

Thanks

donegal_road Closed Account

johncdub said:
Hi Guys

I'm currently on a disability payment which has been reduced to E80 per week. The fuel allowance has just ended. I'm Irish and 27.

I have no other income, and I'm unable to pay bills. Having had Cancer 2 years ago, I seem to be extremely sensitive to the cold. I've contacted the SV de P. First time in my life. I need to heat my house, as I've been without heat for 2 months. I'm freezing. I've asked for assistance, and I've told them I'll pay them back when back on my feet.

I wondered if anyone else has ever received assistance from SVP? I'm mortified asking for help, but I have no choice. Do they visit your home, ask for proof of bills, bank account?

PM me if you wish.

Thanks

hi mate, I would start a new thread on this if I were you. If you start it in AH, you may run the risk of moronic replies, as Im sure you are aware. Where I live, the SVP do call out to people's houses depending on the situation. Not sure about them looking for bank details though

1 person has thanked this post
Super-Rush Registered User

johncdub said:
Hi Guys

PM me if you wish.

Thanks

You would be better off asking in here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

chem Registered User

Its the same as the time the HSE pulled its adds from Newstalk radio, when they were asking to many questions. This country is rotten to the core.

Biggins Banned

johncdub said:
Hi Guys

PM me if you wish.

Thanks

You will get replies possibly else where in another forum section - good ones - but I will just briely mention that FIS (Family Income Supplement) might help out too.
Also, it worth contacting your health board, as sometimes they offer temp or regular financil assistance for people in cases like yourself.

It costs nothing most times to ask anyway. I wish you luck.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!