dinneenp Registered User
#1

Hi,
I've had a few issues recently-
I know there's an item on sale in the clearance section of Galway Branch and want to check that it's in stock.I have to phone the 1890 phone number to get info.
My issues:

  • they don't have the item listed so don't have any info on it
  • they can't put me through to the branch or get an answer straight away, they suggested I call into the store.
  • I can't do this as I don't live nearby.
  • so I ask them can I reserve an item but this can't be done as it's Ireland I'm enquiring about
  • I'm told that they'll take my number, contact the store and I'll receive a callback
  • 1 day later I phone back and am told that they e-mail the store and it can take time for me to receive the callback. I wasn't told this up front so was watching my phone, waiting.


In the end I just buy the item locally.
customer service is meant to be about serving the customer. What I received was unhelpful and more like making it hard to get VERY SIMPLE information about at itme.
Pa, Galway.

#2

dinneenp said:
Hi,
I've had a few issues recently-
I know there's an item on sale in the clearance section of Galway Branch and want to check that it's in stock.I have to phone the 1890 phone number to get info.
My issues:

  • they don't have the item listed so don't have any info on it
  • they can't put me through to the branch or get an answer straight away, they suggested I call into the store.
  • I can't do this as I don't live nearby.
  • so I ask them can I reserve an item but this can't be done as it's Ireland I'm enquiring about
  • I'm told that they'll take my number, contact the store and I'll receive a callback
  • 1 day later I phone back and am told that they e-mail the store and it can take time for me to receive the callback. I wasn't told this up front so was watching my phone, waiting.


In the end I just buy the item locally.
customer service is meant to be about serving the customer. What I received was unhelpful and more like making it hard to get VERY SIMPLE information about at itme.
Pa, Galway.

I'm sorry to hear about this. You are indeed correct, it should be simple and we strive to make it as simple as possible. And we didn't here and therefore we lost your present and quite likely future business.

The part I don't understand is why our call centre couldn't advise you as to whether the product was available or not in the store. That's what they are there to do. 75 % of the calls that historically went into our stores were about four things - your opening hours, have you an item in stock, what price is it and what is the status of my repair. Rather than have peiople waiting on the line for a phone to be answered ( and never answered in busy times ) we thought it far better to port all our telephone traffic to a central point that serves the Ireland and UK stores. Serves customers better and keeps the people in stores serving customers, making the business more efficient and keeping costs and prices down.

By and large it seems to work well and I appreciate feedback when it doesn't as i send this onto the head of the contact centre. Any chance you could tell me what the item was and what store as I'd like to stock check it myself and then I can ask the contact centre why they couldn't provide the service ?

Sorry again but please be assured I will be following up to try to ensure a better service

dtsmkv Registered User
#3

Currys PC World: Declan said:


The part I don't understand is why our call centre couldn't advise you as to whether the product was available or not in the store. That's what they are there to do. 75 % of the calls that historically went into our stores were about four things - your opening hours, have you an item in stock, what price is it and what is the status of my repair.


Hi, where can I find this call centre phone number on the Currys Ireland website ? I was looking for it the other day on Currys.ie and could only find an email address on the contact page http://www.currys.ie/content/Contact-Us/986, no phone number on the Customer Service page either. I would of thought these were the obvious pages to display or advertise your call centre number ?

I also wanted to quickly stock check a couple of cameras, in the end I found an old number for the Know How team and gave it a ring only to be told they couldn't give me any information or put me through to a person that could ! 

Currys PC World: Webteam Verified representative
#4

dtsmkv said:
Hi, where can I find this call centre phone number on the Currys Ireland website ? I was looking for it the other day on Currys.ie and could only find an email address on the contact page http://www.currys.ie/content/Contact-Us/986, no phone number on the Customer Service page either. I would of thought these were the obvious pages to display or advertise your call centre number ?

I also wanted to quickly stock check a couple of cameras, in the end I found an old number for the Know How team and gave it a ring only to be told they couldn't give me any information or put me through to a person that could !


Hi dtsmkv,

The 1890 400 001 is found on the "Find a store" page when you click into what store you are looking for: http://www.currys.ie/aspx/storelocator.aspx

I see your point regarding in it being slightly odd when you go into contact us and only the email address is there for web operations.

I'll feed this back and see if we can get this rectified.

Rob

dtsmkv Registered User
#5

Currys PC World: Webteam said:
Hi dtsmkv,

The 1890 400 001 is found on the "Find a store" page when you click into what store you are looking for: http://www.currys.ie/aspx/storelocator.aspx

I see your point regarding in it being slightly odd when you go into contact us and only the email address is there for web operations.

I'll feed this back and see if we can get this rectified.

Rob


Thanks Rob, 

I knew where my local store was so I didn't think to click on the "Find a store" link .  

#6

dtsmkv said:
Thanks Rob, 

I knew where my local store was so I didn't think to click on the "Find a store" link .  

But not a great experience at the same time. What we should do is post the 1890 number there for stock checks and also the postal address here in Dublin for anyone who wants to write to us ( some people still do ! ) as well as a link to here. We do want to talk and that link doesn't make it look like we do tbh. We can do better... I'll get some people working on that.

dinneenp Registered User
#7

Currys PC World: Declan said:
But not a great experience at the same time. What we should do is post the 1890 number there for stock checks and also the postal address here in Dublin for anyone who wants to write to us ( some people still do ! ) as well as a link to here. We do want to talk and that link doesn't make it look like we do tbh. We can do better... I'll get some people working on that.


I noted that too, it's like the phone number is hidden.
Not a massive thing but a freephone number would be better for the customer too. Even an 1850 number would be cheaper than an 1890 number.

The Black Oil Registered User
#8

Perhaps the reps on here could put the numbers in their signatures. I've also PMed Declan about having the forum charter updated, something he's quite aware of, tbf.

Currys PC World: Webteam Verified representative
#9

Black Oil said:
Perhaps the reps on here could put the numbers in their signatures. I've also PMed Declan about having the forum charter updated, something he's quite aware of, tbf.


If people feel it would be helpful I can definitely update the profile to include our customer service numbers and also both email addresses for the websites.

Declan's working on getting the forum charter sorted as it is waaaaaaaay out of date!

The Black Oil Registered User
#10

Perhaps just until the charter is revamped?

#11

Black Oil said:
Perhaps just until the charter is revamped?

New charter on its way apparently in the next few days. We were waiting for the separate phone numbers for Currys and PC World to be combined to one number ( imminent also ) but no point in waiting if that's irritating customers. We can tidy it up retrospectively.

Currys PC World: Webteam Verified representative
#12

Black Oil said:
Perhaps just until the charter is revamped?


Until the time that the charter is revamped with correct information I have added both customer services numbers and also both emails for the websites to my information

Currys PC World: Conor Verified representative
#13

I have followed suit too, a good idea is a good idea!

dinneenp Registered User
#14

Hello,
It seems I can't PM you anymore so...

Would you be able to check this item (Pentax 100mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens and is/was on sale for €249, clearance price) for me again in any stores please (1st choice Galway, 2nd any Dublin store, 3rd Cork).

I got the voicemail from Rob but it's a bit later now so want to check again please.

you can PM me if you want a contact number (should already have it from earlier PM)

Thanks again,
Patrick.

Currys PC World: Conor Verified representative
#15

dinneenp said:
Hello,
It seems I can't PM you anymore so...

Would you be able to check this item (Pentax 100mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens and is/was on sale for €249, clearance price) for me again in any stores please (1st choice Galway, 2nd any Dublin store, 3rd Cork).

I got the voicemail from Rob but it's a bit later now so want to check again please.

you can PM me if you want a contact number (should already have it from earlier PM)

Thanks again,
Patrick.


Hi Patrick,


It seems that we've sold out of that lens completely and as it was clearance it looks like we won't be getting it back in either...

Apologies!

Conor.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!