earlyevening Registered User

Has anyone seen the signs all over the northside to check out this guy on youtube? I just did. Its like an even cheaper power city ad - pretty sh*t - but almost funny for a brief few seconds.

6 people have thanked this post
spurious Category Moderator

Mattress Mick is cool. He reminds me of ads they used to show in the 90s on Australian TV for small local businesses. His dancing is classic.

"I'm not crazy!"

3 people have thanked this post
Phizzler Registered User
Lux23 Registered User

I thought I was mad when I saw this first, I don't fancy testing out a mattress with him!

snappieT Registered User

Bumped into him outside the Padraig Pearse and shook his hand. He's opened a new shop on Pearse street too.

worded Registered User

snappieT said:
Bumped into him outside the Padraig Pearse and shook his hand. He's opened a new shop on Pearse street too.

Has Matress mick a web site?

didn't he recently have a correspondence with some twitter English comedian / celeb?

Faith+1 Registered User

Mick is a legend!

spurious Category Moderator

Laughing all the way to the bank. You see him in Bram's in Fairview the odd time for breakfast.

dan1895 Registered User

worded said:
Has Matress mick a web site?

didn't he recently have a correspondence with some twitter English comedian / celeb?

Stephen Fry wanted to visit after seeing his billboards on a visit to Dublin

worded Registered User

dan1895 said:
Stephen Fry wanted to visit after seeing his billboards on a visit to Dublin

That was it.

Does he have a www?

dan1895 Registered User

worded said:
That was it.

Does he have a www?

He literally looks like a pimp
http://www.mattressmick.ie/

whodafunk Registered User

Back in the day when I first saw him on billboards I called into his store to see if he actually existed!

I've seen him a few times in Harry Byrnes pub on Howth Rd. Legend!

worded Registered User

Does he have as good a range in the Pearce st store ?

Sorry where is the other store I'm on a smart phone and eyes bleeding here

budgese Moderator

He always has a big billboard in Killester, at the end of Collins Avenue. Beside the college. Had a friend living around there and he had a housemate called Michael who was on the elderly side and a bit sleazy, we called him Mattress Mick. When I was studying in Killester one of the younger lads from my course started laughing the the billboard too, his take was the same as ours - he does seem like a dirty old man with the cut of him and the name! Saw he's done some stuff for charity, and I agree the man is a legend. Definitely a Dublin character.

We decided to go to his showroom on Pearse St one day but it was all too warehouse-y and felt like we couldn't really go in just for a gawk so we left!

FloatingVoter Registered User

He's the image of my late granny. I'll be having nightmares tonight.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!