smackbunnybaby Registered User

Victorino gone to the flush, Dodgers.
And seemingly talks are still going on between Phillies and Giants for Pence despite that trade.

Coeus Registered User

smackbunnybaby said:
Victorino gone to the flush, Dodgers.
And seemingly talks are still going on between Phillies and Giants for Pence despite that trade.

Twitter is saying the Pence deal is now done. Phillies are in full-scale fire sale mode. I wonder will Cliff Lee be still in a Phillies uniform after the deadline...

jack presley Moderator

Apart from the Phillies trades, not much else going on. Although the Dempster to the Yankees rumours are going around. 70 minutes or so to go!

Coeus Registered User

jack presley said:
Although the Dempster to the Yankees rumours are going around. 70 minutes or so to go!

The Rangers have gazumped the Yankees and landed Dempster. I see the Cubs havn't traded Garza...yet...unless Theo got his deadline extension, I read somewhere he was looking for one...

jack presley Moderator

All a bit quiet wasn't it? Interesting thing posted on twitter is that the Marlins have traded their opening day 1st, 2nd and 3rd basemen

krustydoyle Registered User

jack presley said:
All a bit quiet wasn't it? Interesting thing posted on twitter is that the Marlins have traded their opening day 1st, 2nd and 3rd basemen

Jack can you please explain to me what the Marlins are at?

They put together a decent team and ok in fairness it hasnt worked so far but they just opened the new ball park.. why not give it time?

Baltimore looking to sweep the Yankees tonight

Reading the forums it seems most fans would be delighted to just get a .500 season

At first I thought this seemed low expectations but then I suppose the fans are long suffering and depressed

Doing well this year though

Camden Yards looks a beautiful ball park, would love to visit some day

BigFatGiant Registered User

Giants and Dodgers starting there newly acquired Pence and Victorino last night. Giants managed to score 1 run and LA didn't score at all.

I really do enjoy watching the Giants pitching but the offense, although better than last year, is still painful viewing.

Dbacks looking really good for NL west right now!

Not MLB but we'll put it in anyway

Minor League Daytona, the PA announcer played Three Blind Mice

Umpire was not pleased and ejected him and shut down the sound system for the night

http://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/baseball/daytona-cubs/2012/08/02/cubs-win-4th-straight.html

1 person has thanked this post
Masked Man Registered User

Coco Crisp gave the A's their 13th walk off win.

Coeus Registered User

jack presley said:
I've been to 16 MLB games and 1 minor league game in my time yet never caught a ball. I even went in to batting practice a couple of times and still nothing (thought it would be a bid sad looking if an adult starting knocking kids out of the way to get a ball).

Then this guy comes along

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afo7jxw7I3g

Another guy "catches" 2 home runs in a game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23790939&topic_id=8879234&c_id=bal

jack presley Moderator

Right, now that we've got the Olympics out of the way, it's time to get back focused on baseball.

A couple of tight divisional races going on in the AL Central and NL West. However I'm really looking forward to seeing how the NL East works out with the Braves only 4.5 games out and Strasburg due to sit down at some stage.

it's definitely going to happen but can you imagine why it's going to be like if they're only a game or two up with 2 weeks to go! The consolation of the WC isn't much either as a 1 game play off is basically a coin toss.

jack presley Moderator

NL West just got a bit more interesting - Melky Cabrera suspended for 50 games for PEDs. Maybe they'll bring back Barry Bonds?

Coeus Registered User

jack presley said:
NL West just got a bit more interesting - Melky Cabrera suspended for 50 games for PEDs. Maybe they'll bring back Barry Bonds?

That would explain his sudden career year last season, and form continuing into this season. Looks like he hasn't been to weasel out of his punishment like Braun...

jack presley Moderator

Coeus said:
That would explain his sudden career year last season, and form continuing into this season. Looks like he hasn't been to weasel out of his punishment like Braun...

Maybe he can copy this one's excuse

http://inrng.tumblr.com/post/29472905178/itsrainingepo

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!