If anyone is willing to test my radio application, i would appreciate it.
If you decide to help, can you let me know:
- What Operating system you're using
- What version of internet explorer you have
- what version of flash payer you have
- Any errors or problems you encounter
- CPU load from the application
- Design recommendations or anything else
Doesn't transmit any info anywhere, doesn't need to be installed, is clean of spyware, virus' etc...
Download from my Dropbox here: http://db.tt/MYOQPvxO
Nice one. I like it and will use it.
1. Would be nice if I could switch between stations using the arrow keys on the keyboard
2. No way to control volume or even to quickly mute from within the app. Not a biggie I suppose
3. Internet radio -- imagine if people could add their favourite stations to your application or if they could choose from stations different to the 12 you have there.
4. Why an exe -- Have you considered a website that would bring all of these stations together into one place? Also easier to add features instead of hoping people will keep coming back for the latest exe ;-)
Quite a good idea, once i've gotten the application right, i'll draw up a plan for something like this. thanks
I originally made the application for personal use in work, something that hid in the icon dock, people wouldn't see tabs or having to type in the address of each station but decided others might like it too, nothing fancy, it just works.
Decided to put it out there with a few small tweaks, thanks for your help Ron, will work on your suggested features!
For an avid radio listener like me, this is a super litttle program. I can't add much to the advise from 'MagicRon', except I'd like a large mute button. I'll post feedback later.
After using for two days, found the following errors when I select 'Spin 103.8' , see screenshots attached.
The truncated message in screenshot #2 reads :-
Error: Requiring module "ServerJS" that has not been loaded yet. Did you forget to run arc build?”
Hope this is helpfull, details of my system:-
Win 7 Home Premium (v6.1 - build 7601:SP1), IE v9.0.8112.16421, CPU=00, Memory= 58,736K, Flash Plugin = v18.104.22.168
Thanks for the report, very much appreciated.
i'll push out an update asap
What Operating system you're using
Windows 7 64bit
What version of internet explorer you have
what version of flash payer you have
Any errors or problems you encounter
CPU load from the application
Design recommendations or anything else
Try to remove the leave page dialog if possible
Working on a way to suppress the dialog box on RTE radio's. Thanks for the info, very much appreciated!
Needs volume and mute controls.
Why did my firefox cookie alerts pop up (at least it looked like them) when I loaded it? FF is not my default browser, chrome is.
XP pro 2Gb
No apparent leaks.
Shows a windows folder as an icon in task manager. edit: disregard that.
What Operating system you're using:
What version of internet explorer you have:
what version of flash payer you have:
Any errors or problems you encounter:
- Banners on bottom don't make much sense for many channels. E.g. RTE shows a question mark button which doesn't do anything when clicked and Tipp FM shows a top section of a web page that has no text.
- Application makes a lot of clicking noises when loading Spin FM.
- The application isn't showing up in my task bar when open.
- Get attached error when clicking on Spin FM.
CPU load from the application:
CPU - low
Memory - 1,380k
Design recommendations or anything else:
Put in a volume control.
I'm not a fan of radio so not something I'd plan on using even if you get it working well.
nice little app thanks Blikes.. haven't noticed any problems yet apart from a bit of buffering.. have you configured the app to use a certain buffer/latency or is it just bounced from the original stream?
Thanks dyer, original stream so how good the playback is will depend on how fast the users broadband will be.
Aswerty, Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.
I've removed the banner thing you're talking about in an updated version, now it just shows the logo in the banner placement area.
Boards doesn't allow me to edit the original post for some reason so any updated version will be at www.eirefm.wordpress.com.
I'll get round to the volume control and design changes mentioned here but it was just a quick personal project for work that i thought i'd release, others might find it useful so i don't want to spend a whole lot of time on it, just get it stable and nice for other people that might find it useful and leave it at that!
that would be my wireless broadband so
passed this on to a friend in Vietnam he was glad to have it!