Hi everyone

I am due to finish a jobbridge internship in 2 months. After that I think I have 2 months on JSB and then will have to apply for JSA - in the event of not securing employment.

I don't have any great savings and I have gone interest-only on my mortgage (which comes to a total of €700/month). My current tenant is moving overseas at the end of April so I will have to try and get someone in, although that may prove difficult for a while.

Can anyone tell me if I would qualify for MIS? And also the procedure I need to follow to be means tested for JSA.

Many thanks.

1 person has thanked this post
marlie2005 Registered User

As far as i know Mortgage Interest Supplement is only paid to your private resisdence. You won't get it if you are renting your house out. Are you just renting a room or the whole house ?

marlie2005 said:
As far as i know Mortgage Interest Supplement is only paid to your private resisdence. You won't get it if you are renting your house out. Are you just renting a room or the whole house ?

Hi Marlie and thanks for your reply

I am renting a room in my house, but the tenant is moving out at the end of the month. If I don't get anyone in asap I cannot afford the interest-only part of my mortgage.

Stheno Contrary voice

You should be covered for MIS, thought the rent from your tenant may be considered.

Stheno said:
You should be covered for MIS, thought the rent from your tenant may be considered.

Thanks

Do you know how they work the rate out? I won't have a tenant after the end of April and it will probably take me a while to get one.

Hi all, I am meeting with a guy in my local social welfare office tomorrow about getting MIS. I explained my circumstances to him and he said I should have no problem qualifying.

Can anyone give me an idea of how much I can expect to receive if my interest per month on my mortgage is €700.

I was told I have to take forms to my bank and get them to fill out.

How is payment then received?

Thanks in advance.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!