• Yes please, I'll take one (58.82%)
  • Even better, I'll take two (29.41%)
  • Not for me, no thanks. (11.76%)
Buford T Justice Registered User
#1

Folks,

Just on reading the the forum for the last day or so, I have an idea:

We've often mentioned how would we recognize each other at sites etc.. Granted, I'm a little different with my rather erm.. distinctive bus, but none the less, how about we have our own bumper stickers?

What say we ask someone over in the art and design forums if they would be able to whizz up a bumper sticker for us, with some boardsie logo and reference to the forum?

All we need to do is get an image done, upload it to zazzle.com and anyone who wants one can buy it? We can have a sticky on the forum or plug it in our sigs etc...... I'd be up for it. My bus could do with some decoration.

Thoughts fellow vanners?

2 people have thanked this post
Aidan_M_M Registered User
#2

was this not discussed , and fizzled out , lat year?

Irishgoatman Registered User
#3

Aidan_M_M said:
was this not discussed , and fizzled out , lat year?


If you're thinking of the thread I started then yes, but it was more tongue in cheek. I think the sheriff is serious this time.

Buford T Justice Registered User
#4

I'm as serious as a serious post on a serious topic - seriously.

Ah no, I think its a good idea though.

Say one of the design boffins comes up with a logo, alls we need to do is upload it to zazzle and anyone who wants one can buy one. There's no need for any money up front, and no coraling of a group to cough up cash or organize printing and so on.

Link to where they are and if you want one, buy it and slap it on yer van. If we can get a logo thingamabob done I'll do the zazzle bit. I'm up for it.

We can play spot the boardsies then.

Aidan_M_M Registered User
#5

so the Boards.ie logo , with say an outline of a MH , and a catchy phrase like "carry on camping" on it? s'pose we need check with the Boards admin?

Buford T Justice Registered User
#6

Aidan_M_M said:
so the Boards.ie logo , with say an outline of a MH , and a catchy phrase like "carry on camping" on it? s'pose we need check with the Boards admin?


Was thinking of the boards logo sortof mushed into a van shape or something like that and 'Boards Bus' as a slogan. Again, only my own thoughts.

I can see why Tom mightn't want the site name associated with something outside of his control alright, but I was just thinking its a nice way to spot each other when you're out and about. We might be able to meet each other instead of talking about it after the fact on here.

1 person has thanked this post
Irishgoatman Registered User
#7

Buford T Justice said:
Was thinking of the boards logo sortof mushed into a van shape or something like that and 'Boards Bus' as a slogan. Again, only my own thoughts.

I can see why Tom mightn't want the site name associated with something outside of his control alright, but I was just thinking its a nice way to spot each other when you're out and about. We might be able to meet each other instead of talking about it after the fact on here.


I think the sheriff's got a valid point. It would be good to be able to put a face to the names we come across here.

Count me in.

1 person has thanked this post
killalanerr Registered User
#8

the guys on the cycleing forum have their boards jersey with the boards logo on and a thread for spoting a boards jersey. It would be fun to see where the stickers would turn up on this forum

1 person has thanked this post
stevire Registered User
#9

Buford T Justice said:
Was thinking of the boards logo sortof mushed into a van shape or something like that and 'Boards Bus' as a slogan. Again, only my own thoughts.

I can see why Tom mightn't want the site name associated with something outside of his control alright, but I was just thinking its a nice way to spot each other when you're out and about. We might be able to meet each other instead of talking about it after the fact on here.


Could do a "camper" version take of the vans logo?

mb1725 Registered User
#10



HereAndThere Registered User
#11

What about just a text logo? Something like attached.
Naming boards the forum and your username?

Attachments
cooltext674462795.png
Irishgoatman Registered User
#12

I would think that something short and snappy is needed.
Maybe along the lines of:

Boards Logo

IRISHGOATMAN

ON BOARD(s.ie)

The main idea being that we can recognise each other and at the same time, as an extra, advertise boards I would have thought.

1 person has thanked this post
Irishgoatman Registered User
#13

In addition to the above we could always add our own avatar.

Mine would be a randy buck goat of course.
To remind me of my youth. (Thought I'd better add that before someone else did.)

Buford T Justice Registered User
#14

Just having a text sticker is a little bit unimaginative I think.

I was thinking of having something like the below as already posted with the text boardsie bus or similar, with your username underneath the van between the wheels. Was thinking of putting 'The Sherrif' in mine

Irishgoatman Registered User
#15

Buford T Justice said:
Just having a text sticker is a little bit unimaginative I think.

I was thinking of having something like the below as already posted with the text boardsie bus or similar, with your username underneath the van between the wheels. Was thinking of putting 'The Sherrif' in mine



I was thinking of the wording rather than the whole design.

I have to admit that the above, both the wording and shape, does nothing for me.
Sorry about that.

Also we don't seem to have many others interested!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!