boards.ie catleap owners list and info google doc - credit to witnessmenow and his post here
add yourself here if you havent already please!
Note: some GPU's listed as unsupported do work. eg, 5850, 5970. ask if youre unsure though!
-Size : 27"
-Panel Type: IPS
-Resolution : 2560x1440 WQHD
-Screen Ratio : 16:9 WIDESCREEN
-Static Contrast Ratio 1,000:1
-Brighness : 380cd/m2
-Response Time : 6ms
-Viewing Angle : 178"/178"
-Input Signal : DVI-D Dual Link ONLY (unless otherwise stated/multi)
-Power Supply Voltage : DC 24V 5A (all you need is a kettle lead)
-Power Consumption : 63W(ON), 0.6W(Stanby, off)
-Product Size with stand : 648mm x 505mm x 259mm
- These are purchased on eBay from South Korea. Suggested sellers are Samsung_Korea, GreenSum and BigCloth
- 2B models (READ: those shipped in February 2012 and 120hz.net exclusive limited runs) Catleap monitors can be overclocked to run 100hz+
- Newer Catleaps seem to have a top OC limit of 65-67hz.
- A PCB swap is possible to make newer Catleaps OC to 100hz+ and 120hz.net has been looking for a factory to produce the PCB, but its a difficult job, and only expected in 2013. The PCB when produced is expected to cost $50-$80 and will be in a very limited supply.
- No 240V/120V step down transformer or EU adapter needed. All you need is a generic PSU cable (AKA kettle lead)
- It's a glossy display, no AG coating
- Inputs will vary depending on the model you purchased. Dual DVI, audio, power, and HDMI are the only inputs (most will have power/DVI only.)
- It's an 8 bit display.
- No OSD (on this basic "Lite" model), just LED backlight brightness (and volume as applicable).
- It has an LG IPS LCD panel, the same one found in 27" iMacs. The Dell u2711 uses the LM270WQ2, these use the LM270WQ1.
- Yes, it's fine for gaming. Due to the lack of any extra inputs input lag is on par with a 720p TV. only the very best FPS players could argue for a lower GtoG lag time. I went from a 2ms panel to this and I cant tell a difference, aside from the catleap being incredible.
- It's 60hz default, not 120hz.
- Monitor has a VESA mount (3" square). a portion of plastic at the rear is easily removable for easy access to it.
- There may be a valid manufacturer's warranty, but it requires you to ship the monitor back to Korea (roughly $130 shipping.) Some sellers have started offering 14 day returns (same deal with shipping costs though.)
- The stand does tilt back and is pretty wobbly.
- Some sellers ship FedEx others EMS. EMS, once it enters the Ireland, is handed over to An Post.
- There are more models, similar to Catleap out there, They're using the same panel but different stands etc. other are the Achievia Shiminay etc Only the catleap has the potential to overclock.
- expect to be hit by customs anywhere from €50-€80. budget for it. Fedex usually posts you the letter a week after you receive it, but may hold it and expect customs upfront, as well as proof of purchase.
- Delivery is usually between 3-6 days to Ireland.
Suggested readings and credits go to:
overclock.net yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club [colour profiles can be found under its respective headings]
very in-depth review here and lots of pics
ToastyX for all the work he's put into OCing and colour profiling.
Best of luck with it Tea_Bag, hope it goes well.
Btw, you ask them to mark it "repaired return" as well-worked on a few bits from US for me..
So how much did it all worked out in euros m8? What sort of delivery times we expect here?
yea that sounds like a good idea. probably too late to tell them though. ive sent enough messages to them to be annoying already. 90% of people get off without paying customs anyway.
it hasnt appeared on my online bank statement yet, but it was $358.60 which im hoping will work out around €280 or less.
Delivery times, you're looking at 2 days for prep, then 5 working days shipping. all goes to plan, and no customs lag, maybe i'll get it next wednesday.
Wow, definitely interested in how this pans out. 280 for that monitor is amazing.
Three of these in eyefinity 7,680 x 1440 for less than €900 = Might be a bit big though..
Certainly liking the look of these kamakazie catnips...
eventually it would be amazing to go down eyefinity with them. 3 of these is cheaper than a single u3011, and u2710 starts at €650.
driving 7680*1440 would be a nightmare though. im gonna struggle to get 60fps on BF3 with my 6990 as it is.
Anyway, cheers for doing it m8. We will learn from your mistakes .
I just so wonder now, if you go bigger resolution on single monitor, will your FOV go bigger to in games like bf3? Or FOV only goes bigger in eyefinity setups?
3 of them has a combined width of 70 inches though think of the fov you would have in the heli
70inch.... Now that's an E-PENIS!!!!!
Ordered one myself last week from dream-seller, dispatched today. Fingers crossed
how much did you pay, and how much did your bank fleece you for?
what day last week did you order?
keep us updated.
Circa €282 if I recall correctly. Charge hasn't shown up yet
Ordered last thursday around 8pm irish time
Talk of such things is frowned upon by some of the mods/cmods, just so you know.