TobyRyan Registered User

This is to anyone out there who has tickets to go see Tommy Tiernan's world Tour of Kerry...well half of Kerry since he cancelled the last 3 shows, Tralee, Sneem and Killarney 4 hours before he was supposed to be on stage

Anybody else a tad bit peeved about the way the whole situation was dealt with? Maybe I'm overreacting but my night out was ruined god damit!!!! and I lost that friday feeling

Dymo Registered User

His wife had a baby 2 months premature, I know she shouldn't of inconvenienced you like that and it was very selfish of Tommy to be at her side at this time instead of entertaining you.

2 people have thanked this post
TobyRyan Registered User

Ah if you re-read the post you will find I was annoyed at the way the situation was handled...the lack of information. People found at the door that it was cancelled. The whole situation was ****e. I OBVIOUSLY didnt know that was the reason otherwise I wouldnt have posted.

But thank-you for letting me know it such a lovely manner

Dymo Registered User

TobyRyan said:

But thank-you for letting me know it such a lovely manner

No problem, might be a help next time to follow him on twitter, the bastard!! (I'm still mad at him for letting you down)

patwicklow Registered User

Who is Tommy Tiernan

Out of curiosity how would you expect to be informed and how was the notice given? Personally Twitter would have been useless to me as I don't use it, and most of the time I wouldn't have access to it.

unkymo Registered User

I didn't know he had a show in Tralee!

I'll have to get a ticket when he reschedules.

TobyRyan Registered User

BostonB said:
Out of curiosity how would you expect to be informed and how was the notice given? Personally Twitter would have been useless to me as I don't use it, and most of the time I wouldn't have access to it.

I happened to call the venue looking for extra tickets for a friend and they had just found out. They transferred me to his promoters Aiken, and when I asked how we were supposed to find out I was told, "the door".
It was on his website and then the radio, I think 2fm had it. It didnt break until about 4.

Still I hope everything is ok! We figured it must have been something serious.

darlett Registered User

patwicklow said:
Who is Tommy Tiernan

Did you ever see that show about priests called Father Ted? You'll have seen him on that as the depressed priest.

Did you ever see a comedian getting raucous on the Late Late Show? That ll be him.

Did you ever go shopping at Christmas time over the last 10 years and in sheer desperation end up in the dvd section of a store? You'll see him there too.

He also did a stint on the aul radio with Hector Here for awhile, 2fm or some other.

Sure are you from round these parts at all Pat???

patwicklow Registered User

darlett said:
Did you ever see that show about priests called Father Ted? You'll have seen him on that as the depressed priest.

Did you ever see a comedian getting raucous on the Late Late Show? That ll be him.

Did you ever go shopping at Christmas time over the last 10 years and in sheer desperation end up in the dvd section of a store? You'll see him there too.

He also did a stint on the aul radio with Hector Here for awhile, 2fm or some other.

Sure are you from round these parts at all Pat???

Oh that guy would not go to see him if he was on my front lawn along with hector just pure rubbish

wandatowell Registered User

Tommy Tiernan is reproducing????

Since it was such short notice and considering the situation (hope all is ok) I don't think you could avoid people finding out at the door.

See the name he was suggesting for the baby, Paddy CrazyHorse. .

fullstop Registered User

patwicklow said:
Who is Tommy Tiernan

amdublin Category Moderator

Dymo said:
His wife had a baby 2 months premature, I know she shouldn't of inconvenienced you like that and it was very selfish of Tommy to be at her side at this time instead of entertaining you.

Why the sarcasm dude?

It seems from the op that your explanation was not relayed to anyone.

Of course he is entitled to be with his wife and baby but what way was the cancellation of the show handled? Twitter? WTF

ejmaztec Registered User

There will be at least two Tiernans roaring at an audience now.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!