Hi Guys,

I am a bit annoyed to the fact that my house alarm that sends texts from a Eircom Landline, does not text Three phones.

Apparently 3 does not allow texts from Eircom landlines?

Any reason for this guys?

whiterebel Moderator

DJMG92 said:
Hi Guys,

I am a bit annoyed to the fact that my house alarm that sends texts from a Eircom Landline, does not text Three phones.

Apparently 3 does not allow texts from Eircom landlines?

Any reason for this guys?

Cost. It has been done to death on here, as recently as last week.

It's not something that we support. From what I remember, Eircom were required to update their system to facilitate this but I could be wrong on that.

Three: Patrick said:
It's not something that we support. From what I remember, Eircom were required to update their system to facilitate this but I could be wrong on that.

Can you officially confirm that an agreement has now been reached & that all that needs to be done is for Eircom to update their system?

I'm getting it checked out, but from what I remember, it was always the case that Eircom had to update something on their side.

1 person has thanked this post
altor Registered User

I'm getting it checked out, but from what I remember, it was always the case that Eircom had to update something on their side.

Bump, any word?

Not yet. Will keep you posted.

altor Registered User

Not yet. Will keep you posted.

Thanks Patrick, it will put an end to who is really at fault for this issue.

I'll have an answer on this for you before the end of this week.

altor Registered User

Any word?

Yes... It's not an issue on Three's side.

altor Registered User

Yes... It's not an issue on Three's side.

In all fairness Patrick that is a easy answer to give

Have Three done anything to get Eircom to implement this for Three if the issue is with Eircom?

3 people have thanked this post

altor said:
In all fairness Patrick that is a easy answer to give

Have Three done anything to get Eircom to implement this for Three if the issue is with Eircom?

My guess is that all the other operators can interface with Eircom because they are not excusively 3G but 3s 3G only network can't, so 3 want Eircom to put in equipment at Eircoms expense to interface with them. If that is the case then I can see why Eircom wouldn't be bothered as it would be just as possible for 3 to spend money and make the changes at their end.

Walkman Registered User

baords dyslexic said:
My guess is that all the other operators can interface with Eircom because they are not excusively 3G but 3s 3G only network can't, so 3 want Eircom to put in equipment at Eircoms expense to interface with them. If that is the case then I can see why Eircom wouldn't be bothered as it would be just as possible for 3 to spend money and make the changes at their end.

What a guess, well done

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!