Was the gathered info from that ever put up?

Anything interesting in it?

Is that info used for Boards advertisers?

D Registered User
Beruthiel omnipotent and omniscient

Things have changed a tad since then.

D Registered User

Oh i thought that that forum was updated regularly.

seamus Dental Plan!

I think the OP is referring to the one done a little more recently

GLaDOS Testing

Beruthiel said:
Things have changed a tad since then.

They really should make new polls, at least 3 of my answers have changed

_AVALANCHE_ said:
Was the gathered info from that ever put up?

Anything interesting in it?

It completely slipped my mind actually. Commissioner Gordon's just headed home, but I'll ask him for the summary tomorrow - we've no problem letting people know what was in it
Cardinal Richelieu said:
Is that info used for Boards advertisers?
The raw data itself wouldn't be going outside the company, but there would have been aggregated (and of course anonymous) data shared with clients (existing and potential) in order for the sales team to do their jobs - the sort of summary data I'm hoping to post up tomorrow. That's a part of the reason for doing these census' every few years, but far from the only reason - we need to know who's using the site too so we can factor that into ongoing development and so on.

I'll come back tomorrow and see what I can get for sharing.

11 people have thanked this post
DeVore The monster's daddy!

Yeah, we dont share specific information (eg: "User X like chicken, user Y likes beef") with advertisers, or anyone in fact, but we share general data (eg "x% of our user base likes chicken, Y% like beef").

Cookie_Monster Registered User

DeVore said:
Yeah, we dont share specific information (eg: "User X like chicken, user Y likes beef") with advertisers, or anyone in fact, but we share general data (eg "x% of our user base likes chicken, Y% like beef").

So if I like beef and chicken does that mean you can end up with 127% of users voting, like normal polls?

5 people have thanked this post

Not quite a census but there were some interesting demographics from the boards.ie general election poll last year

http://www.boards.ie/vote/demographics.php

1 person has thanked this post
Buttonftw Registered User

Still no sign?

DeVore The monster's daddy!

I'll ask about it, Dav's been and incredibly busy boy lately so it's just slipped his mind.

Just spotted this now!

I did do up a summary of the results, I'll need to have a root around for it possibly condense it down.

I will confer with Dav and Commissioner Gordon and get back as soon as I can

4 people have thanked this post

Who is Commissioner Gordon?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!