BopNiblets Registered User

Anyone know what this text means from meteor? Just "file downloaded", no other info and definitely didn't download anything from the site or anything...

barrackali Registered User

Happened to me yesterday, no idea what that was.

Pacing Mule Registered User

Hi - I also got this - not in the form of a text message though - it popped up earlier today on my iphone.

There is a thread here on meteors forums about it. I don't have an account there so can't post but I'd like to know what is going on myself.

Got this as well just now, very odd; I do think it is possible for your phone settings to be remotely updated, so I wonder if it was that.

evolutionqy7 Registered User

Got the same thing this morning too. Looked weird. No idea what it was though

The_B_Man Registered User

Got this the other day on my phone, and me missus got it today. I took a screenshot.

This is a Desire S on CM7.1

jay93 Registered User

Their network is so crap lately i wonder what this mystery file was sounds dodgy to me-

Got it on two iPhones and a Samsung Wave. All on meteor.

Sponge Bob Banned

It is Premium Text Message scam/spam and your credit will start to disappear very quickly any minute now. Dunno which of the premium text message scammers were behind it though....there are so many of the cnuts

evolutionqy7 Registered User

Got it today again :S

Rang meteor they told me it was settings. But I find that hard to believe seeing as your network cant update settings on windows phone or iOS for that matter over a text message

TBi Registered User

Sponge Bob said:
It is Premium Text Message scam/spam and your credit will start to disappear very quickly any minute now. Dunno which of the premium text message scammers were behind it though....there are so many of the cnuts

I got it on saturday and no credit gone missing yet. Where did you find out it's a premium text message?

Sponge Bob Banned

Think it affects certain phones by triggering the wap subsystem and opting you into premium text message.

If it was SETTINGS an operator configuration or operator settings text message would remain in your inbox in many cases. Not this time though.

TBi Registered User

Sponge Bob said:
Think it affects certain phones by triggering the wap subsystem and opting you into premium text message.

If it was SETTINGS an operator configuration or operator settings text message would remain in your inbox in many cases. Not this time though.

Well thankfully my WP7 phone wasn't affected.

Gillo Registered User

Just wondering with the time change on Sat night / Sun morning could it have been something to reset the clock?

Slunk Registered User

From the Meteor forum linked above:

HI Guys,

There is no need to worry,we checked this out and I can confirm that it is a network update , we needed to update our list of preferred roaming partners to ensure you get the best value roaming rates when you are using your phone abroad. You will not be charged for this, no credit has been taken from your account and no information is being shared with any other parties.

Apologies for any confusion.

Steven

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!