Due North Registered User

It shows the quality all the same that great Nile songs like St. Katherine's Day, Due North and Things we should Say were never on Nile albums.

Table Top Joe Registered User

There are more Blue Nile songs out there than whats on the albums??? i didnt know that,ive been a big fan for about 7 years now and i just presumed the four albums were it...cool!

My own favourite track is "Tinseltown In The Rain",favourite album is "Hats",the first two albums in particular are just absolutely gorgeous,buddy of mine loves them too and reckons the next two are the best! some of their music can take ages to get into i think,its so subtle it can be easily missed,but when you get it.....theres nothing like it

Off the new album "Wedding Party" and "After Dark" are my favourites but there isnt a bad track on it,if you like one you'll like them all i think

Interview on "The Works",not sure how much longer it will be available,interview starts about 14 minutes in

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1148959

Due North Registered User

Table Top Joe said:

There are more Blue Nile songs out there than whats on the albums??? i didnt know that,ive been a big fan for about 7 years now and i just presumed the four albums were it...cool!

My own favourite track is "Tinseltown In The Rain",favourite album is "Hats",the first two albums in particular are just absolutely gorgeous,buddy of mine loves them too and reckons the next two are the best! some of their music can take ages to get into i think,its so subtle it can be easily missed,but when you get it.....theres nothing like it

Off the new album "Wedding Party" and "After Dark" are my favourites but there isnt a bad track on it,if you like one you'll like them all i think

It would be Hats, High, Walk Across The Rooftops and Peace At Last in
that order for me buddy.Saturday Night was our wedding song, well
I got no say in nothing else!You should check out Paul's hidden classics
on youtube, Jaysus even my user name on this is a Nile song,and It's
a work of art.

Due North said:
It would be Hats, High, Walk Across The Rooftops and Peace At Last in
that order for me buddy.Saturday Night was our wedding song, well
I got no say in nothing else!
You should check out Paul's hidden classics
on youtube, Jaysus even my user name on this is a Nile song,and It's
a work of art.

Yeah ive been checking them out over the last hour or so,great stuff

Id go with

Hats
A Walk Across The Rooftops
High
Peace At Last

Id put "Mid Air" above them all the way im feeling at the moment

Table Top Joe said:

Check out 'Wish Me Well' and 'Regret'. Two great Nile songs that were B-sides. According to his Facebook page there's a tour in the offing too. Will be interesting to see if he has a full band and how he would blend the new stuff with old classics.

lordgoat Moderator

Album got emailed a day early, perfect sunday listening...

mosstin Registered User

This is a beautiful record. Sublime. I've just booked a ticket for Liss Ard festival in August which he plays on the Sunday night. Should be wonderful.

bullpost Registered User

That should be a good show.
Bob Mould also playing , doing the Copper Blue album. Toots & the Maytals and Lisa Hannigan as well.
Was there last year - lovely vibe and great venue.

mosstin said:
This is a beautiful record. Sublime. I've just booked a ticket for Liss Ard festival in August which he plays on the Sunday night. Should be wonderful.

allprops Registered User

Wow, wow, wow! What a sublime record! This is as delicate as a haiku. It is so controlled yet gorgeously emotional. His phrasing is sinatra-esque. Record of the year so far.

1 person has thanked this post
Bluenilefan Registered User

Didn't get the deluxe version myself as I thought price was very steep.....
Does anyone else think Cars in the Garden is a weak track? And does he actually say towards the end... The guards are in the garden now? I can no longer take the song seriously with the image of the boys in blue in the hedges......
Am a huge fan of TBN; fav album is Rooftops followed by Hats....
Fav song Let's Go Out Tonight.....

seachto7 Registered User

I don't think he means "gardai" when he says guards. That's just an Irish thing........

Bluenilefan Registered User

seachto7 said:
I don't think he means "gardai" when he says guards. That's just an Irish thing........

I know he didn't mean our guards.... I wasn't sure if he said cards or guards and as I wasn't prepared to shell out over 30€ for the deluxe version, I haven't been able to check the lyrics... The song is now ruined for me cos I only think of an Garda Síochána.....

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!