walkingblind Registered User

Hi I used to be an ESB customer but switched over to Airtricity(big mistake) because I thought they would be cheaper.I am getting bills the likes of which I never got with ESB.I was just wondering what ESB's rate per kWh is because Airtricity are charging between 13.61 and 14.72.My bill for Jan-Mar was €140 dearer than Nov-Jan even though we have cut back significantly on our usage.I know Airtricity have a lower standing charge.

Hi walkingblind,

Bonkers.ie is a good resource for comparing the different rates and offers available to you.

Our standing charge is not actually higher than Airtricity's; it is currently €119.85 annually for urban customers on a standard 24 hour meter. Airtricity's is €152.53 for the same category of customer.

Recently we introduced a low user standing charge, but this is unlikely to affect you unless the premise is vacant most of the time (i.e. your usage would need to be 7 times lower than average for it to apply).

The lowest unit rate we can offer is €0.1580 p/kWh; this is the effective unit price once Dual Valuesaver discounts are taken into account (14% off our standard rates).

Note that all the figures above are VAT inclusive. If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks,

David.

GAFF Registered User

walkingblind said:
Hi I used to be an ESB customer but switched over to Airtricity(big mistake) because I thought they would be cheaper.I am getting bills the likes of which I never got with ESB.I was just wondering what ESB's rate per kWh is because Airtricity are charging between 13.61 and 14.72.My bill for Jan-Mar was €140 dearer than Nov-Jan even though we have cut back significantly on our usage.I know Airtricity have a lower standing charge.

I love the way Airtricity are able to tell you how good there discounted rates are but forget to mention the have a higher Standing charge. ESB etc should really highlight this in there advertising campaigns.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!