Copper_pipe Registered User
#91

Munster Magic said:
great, 3 more needed. Can anyone interested post their team name just so I know who is who? Thanks


just joined there, team is called itsallfunandgames - Copperpipe

#92

anybody joined the irish times fantasy euro 2012? fairly similar to this and easy to get around the website.

swoody Registered User
#93

Munster Magic said:
great, 3 more needed. Can anyone interested post their team name just so I know who is who? Thanks
i'm in. WoodiesWoodpeckers

carlcon Registered User
#94

Munster Magic said:
Anyone interested in doing a league for the game below? A bit different from other fantasy games in that there is an auction to buy the players so only one of us will have Ronaldo, Van Persie etc etc.

seems like it could be fun, need a minimum of five players

http://www.fantasyleague.com/Default.aspx

League Name: Boards.ie
League Code: 43962


Wow, this is precisely what I've been looking for for years. The American-style draft system for a fantasy football game. Brilliant. I'm definitely in. Team name: Sirius Cybernetics

Munster Magic Registered User
#95

manual_man said:
Count me in

Applied there Team CATINTHESACK


Copper_pipe said:
just joined there, team is called itsallfunandgames - Copperpipe


swoody said:
i'm in. WoodiesWoodpeckers


carlcon said:
Wow, this is precisely what I've been looking for for years. The American-style draft system for a fantasy football game. Brilliant. I'm definitely in. Team name: Sirius Cybernetics


just accepted the four above, still room for more if anyone wants to join

I was thinking of starting the first round of bidding on the 30th May as we will know all the squads then

have a look at the rules below and see what ye think
http://www.fantasyleague.com/ProEuro/Content/LeagueRulesIntroduction.aspx

Nuri Sahin Banned
#96

carlcon said:
Are we gonna have a thread here for friendly match-days? I know it's technically not a fantasy thing, but it wouldn't be a terrible idea to share what we see and discuss line-ups.


Yes.

1 person has thanked this post
Captain Bob Registered User
#97

waiting for approval: Amkar Championov

carlcon Registered User
#98

Lots of different leagues opened up here now. I'm a right in counting 4 different FF events from 3 different sites?

I've signed up for them all, which ultimately means my Euros are already ruined.

Munster Magic said:
I was thinking of starting the first round of bidding on the 30th May as we will know all the squads then

have a look at the rules below and see what ye think
http://www.fantasyleague.com/ProEuro/Content/LeagueRulesIntroduction.aspx


Are we doing the "hardened fantasy league veteran with 18 in a squad" one, or the "quick punchy version with 11 men in the squad" one? Or somewhere in the middle?

The suggested settings of 15 players, 100m, 2 from a country, and limited transfers seems like something we're all used to.

manual_man Registered User
#99

manual_man said:
Count me in

Applied there Team CATINTHESACK


Copper_pipe said:
just joined there, team is called itsallfunandgames - Copperpipe


swoody said:
i'm in. WoodiesWoodpeckers


carlcon said:
Wow, this is precisely what I've been looking for for years. The American-style draft system for a fantasy football game. Brilliant. I'm definitely in. Team name: Sirius Cybernetics


just accepted the four above, still room for more if anyone wants to join

I was thinking of starting the first round of bidding on the 30th May as we will know all the squads then

have a look at the rules below and see what ye think
http://www.fantasyleague.com/ProEuro/Content/LeagueRulesIntroduction.aspx


i'd say leave the bidding as close to the start as possible. personally i want to have the best idea who's in the starting 11 for each team

Munster Magic Registered User
#100

manual_man said:
i'd say leave the bidding as close to the start as possible. personally i want to have the best idea who's in the starting 11 for each team


The problem with leaving it until near the first game is that it will probably take 3 or 4 rounds of bidding for everyone to finish their squads

carlcon Registered User
#101

Too soon is better than too late. And we're all in the same boat, so I won't complain if we're not certain of a few first XI's.

manual_man Registered User
#102

manual_man said:
i'd say leave the bidding as close to the start as possible. personally i want to have the best idea who's in the starting 11 for each team


The problem with leaving it until near the first game is that it will probably take 3 or 4 rounds of bidding for everyone to finish their squads


Ah ok. I get ya. How many days do ya reckon that would take?? Agree we don't wanna leave it too late. But find a balance, ya know. June 8th the big kick off

edit just after looking at the friendlies roster, most will be completed on Sat 02nd June. Maybe start the bidding on Sunday 03rd?? Or do you think that would be cutting it tight??

swoody Registered User
#103

manual_man said:
Ah ok. I get ya. How many days do ya reckon that would take?? Agree we don't wanna leave it too late. But find a balance, ya know. June 8th the big kick off

edit just after looking at the friendlies roster, most will be completed on Sat 02nd June. Maybe start the bidding on Sunday 03rd?? Or do you think that would be cutting it tight??
what time next week then....? and will it like the NFL Fantasy Daft but with mula? is there a practice draft/auction available before the real deal?

Munster Magic Registered User
#104

Captain Bob said:
waiting for approval: Amkar Championov


Approved

carlcon said:


Are we doing the "hardened fantasy league veteran with 18 in a squad" one, or the "quick punchy version with 11 men in the squad" one? Or somewhere in the middle?

The suggested settings of 15 players, 100m, 2 from a country, and limited transfers seems like something we're all used to.


Im happy to go with the suggested rules if everyone else is

manual_man said:
Ah ok. I get ya. How many days do ya reckon that would take?? Agree we don't wanna leave it too late. But find a balance, ya know. June 8th the big kick off

edit just after looking at the friendlies roster, most will be completed on Sat 02nd June. Maybe start the bidding on Sunday 03rd?? Or do you think that would be cutting it tight??


We would want to allow for four bidding rounds just in case and try and have them done before Friday the 8th, what about the following:

Round 1: Deadline midnight Sunday June 3rd
Round 2: Monday June 4th 12pm until midnight
Round 3: Tuesday June 5th 12pm until midnight
Round 4: Wednesday June 6th 12pm until midnight

swoody said:
what time next week then....? and will it like the NFL Fantasy Daft but with mula? is there a practice draft/auction available before the real deal?


Dont think there is any practice auction, have a look above for suggested dates

manual_man Registered User
#105

Captain Bob said:
waiting for approval: Amkar Championov


Approved

carlcon said:


Are we doing the "hardened fantasy league veteran with 18 in a squad" one, or the "quick punchy version with 11 men in the squad" one? Or somewhere in the middle?

The suggested settings of 15 players, 100m, 2 from a country, and limited transfers seems like something we're all used to.


Im happy to go with the suggested rules if everyone else is

manual_man said:
Ah ok. I get ya. How many days do ya reckon that would take?? Agree we don't wanna leave it too late. But find a balance, ya know. June 8th the big kick off

edit just after looking at the friendlies roster, most will be completed on Sat 02nd June. Maybe start the bidding on Sunday 03rd?? Or do you think that would be cutting it tight??


We would want to allow for four bidding rounds just in case and try and have them done before Friday the 8th, what about the following:

Round 1: Deadline midnight Sunday June 3rd
Round 2: Monday June 4th 12pm until midnight
Round 3: Tuesday June 5th 12pm until midnight
Round 4: Wednesday June 6th 12pm until


Sounds good to me chief

Maybe just get the emails of everyone involved, in case there not on here

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!