I had a chat with the super intendent this morning. He just wanted to speak to me before granting the licences for my .243 and .17hmr.
He was grand about the hmr, but wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about with regard to the .243, and that I knew the difference between a safe and unsafe shot. I have to say he was dead sound to talk to, and shook my hand and wished we the best of luck with my new guns before I left the station.

28 people have thanked this post
It wasn't me! Moderator

That's the sort of interaction I'd love to hear more accounts of.

4 people have thanked this post
juice1304 Registered User

sounds like a nice man. congratulations on the licences.

2 people have thanked this post
tommyboy26 Registered User

If there were only more supers like that we would all be better off. congrats on the new gums

1 person has thanked this post
Cass Moderator

Great news, and the Super sounds like one of the good ones. Level headed, judges the application on it's merits, and fair.

Well done.

Well it's after gettig me all excited about getting them. I can't wait to take them up to the range and see what they're capable of, especially the .243 after seeing what other lads did with theirs at 600 yards

tac foley Registered User

That's great to hear - congratulations!

There's one member of AGS on your Christmas card list!

tac

great news. i hope you get it soon. god help the foxes this year

One shot on kill Registered User

That's sound of him infairness actually interacting and talking to people to make his decision. Rather than just rejecting it like most.

Best of luck with the new rifles

poulo6.5 said:
great news. i hope you get it soon. god help the foxes this year

They're gonna have to start standing back a lot further away if they want to stay safe

Kryten Registered User

If Carlsberg did superintendant interviews Seriously though. This is the way all licencing interviews should go. Based on carahcter and merit and form.

4 people have thanked this post
lefthooker Registered User

Sounds like your super is a rare breed Declan, it would make the whole process easier when they are that approachable.

We've got a super in enniscorthy. The previous guy, Supt. Finn was excellent IMO, does anyone know what the new guy, Supt. Carolan is like.

clivej Registered User

Hate to be the kill-joy

but

don't count your chickens before you get word

clivej said:
Hate to be the kill-joy

but

don't count your chickens before you get word

Well when the super wishes you luck with your new guns, you can take it as a pretty good sign

clivej Registered User

declan1980 said:
Well when the super wishes you luck with your new guns, you can take it as a pretty good sign

I really hope so and wish you all the best. Its the waiting that a killer.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!