roboshatner Registered User

My beef is how do we stop pubs charging over 5 euro for a pint in Ireland... ?

Any Ideas ?

I spent a week in both liverpool and wales and I spent 1.80 a Pint...

And then I come back here and pay 5 euro a pint...

O.k some pubs do serve cheap pints only cause they are forced too.

By How can we as irish people stop this..

Any Ideas ?
How we can stop this I know we can stop paying it but we have to let pubs know this that we will not stand for these prices..

Even tourists are paying 7 euro for pints in Temple Bar which makes me sick to the stomach.

4 people have thanked this post
pebbles21 Registered User

roboshatner said:

Any Ideas ?

Any Ideas ?
How we can stop this I know we can stop paying it but we have to let pubs know this that we will not stand for these prices..

Even tourists are paying 7 euro for pints in Temple Bar which makes me sick to the stomach.

Think you answered your own question there

21 people have thanked this post
Galwayguy35 Registered User

roboshatner said:

Any Ideas ?

Any Ideas ?

I just wait until im taking my holiday overseas and enjoy a few pints in nice sunny surroundings. During the rest of the year i go to the offie. The greedy publican knows what he can do with his €5 pint as far as im concerned.

17 people have thanked this post

There should be a campaign. Don't pay the household charge. Don't pay over 4.50 for a pint.

5 people have thanked this post
dudara Administrator

Moved to Rip Off Ireland

dudara

RoboRat Registered User

Simples. Don't go to a pub that charges over 5 euro a pint. If all the rip off pubs were boycotted and the ones that were charging a reasonable price were heaving, they would soon get the message.

12 people have thanked this post
ChubbyHubby Registered User

Stop abusing alcoholic drinks in order to have a good time.

Tefral Registered User

My problem with all of this "avoid the pubs" is that, in general we are, and the Vintners association is mouthing off to the government about below cost selling in Tesco etc as the only reason we are not in pubs, Fine Gael want to put a floor on the price of alcohol because of it. (Well actually they say its to stop binge drinking etc.. but we all know the reason why)

26 people have thanked this post
ger vallely Registered User

Not only ripping off our money but also our right to make informed decisions as responsible adults- Closing the off licence at 10pm and now the possibility of raising the price of alcohol in supermarkets as the pubs 'can't' (won't)compete.

3 people have thanked this post

Yea it's a joke. We are a nation of self absorved idiots when it comes to pricing, we have a certain sence of arrogance.

There's no need to be making a mark up of 40 - 50% on everything.

We need the likes of Weatherspoons over here.

6 people have thanked this post
rsole1 Registered User

The Railway Bar in Roscommon has just had Tuborg Lager installed and is €3 a pint, and it tastes ok as well.

celticbest Registered User

€5 for a Pint

I won't pay over €4 for a pint of Guinness, the two locals I drink in are €3.70 & €3.90 for a pint.

If I go into a Pub I'm not familiar with I check the listed price, if it's above €4 I won't drink there.....SIMPLES...

madanall Registered User

McGoverns in Gorey....2.50 euro for a pint of Tennants....Hard to beat that !!

1 person has thanked this post
Stark Registered User

cronin_j said:
My problem with all of this "avoid the pubs" is that, in general we are, and the Vintners association is mouthing off to the government about below cost selling in Tesco etc as the only reason we are not in pubs, Fine Gael want to put a floor on the price of alcohol because of it. (Well actually they say its to stop binge drinking etc.. but we all know the reason why)

Let's not forget the little cartel they had a while back. http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0714/competition.html

Ravelleman Category Moderator

It´s been said before but it´s as simple as picking a new pub with lower prices.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!