Clearl Registered User

What are the best pubs/clubs this Paddys day ( I don't literally mean in the daytime though, anytime after 9 for a pub!) Thanks

Coppers.

Actually, that joke is wearing very thin.

Everywhere is going to be packed to be honest so depends what you're level of patience is.

CWF Registered User

The Village.

cson Registered User

The Village was quite good the last time I was in there, bit scrum-ish up at the bar but not disasterous. €10 in and €3 bottles/pints which is cracking value for a Saturday.

Anywhere doing reasonable entry/drinks for Paddys Day or should I just resign myself to €15/20 in and €5 pints?

starviewadams Registered User

They'll all be jam packed and full of drunken idiots by 8pm so they're all pretty much the same no matter where you go!

Clearl Registered User

The village, whats that like? What's the age group there like? I've never been...thanks

Marty McFly Registered User

Avoid The Village like the plague , used to be a great spot good music good crowd etc but having not been in a while went there recently its now the equivlant of Q Bar or 21,s and the bouncers seemed to have no limits on the amount of people they let in place was a joke. Had more drink knocked over me than I got down my neck and not one person apologising for it.

Ive heard they changed there market since the workmans club opened.

1 person has thanked this post
WoollyRedHat Registered User

Hell on earth- Dublin clubs on Paddy's day.

4 people have thanked this post
Mokujil Registered User

I went to Dublin for a year, and paddy's day was not the best day/night I spent in Dublin ! Like WoollyRedHat said, it's "Hell on earth"
I bet you can have fun at Turk's head on Parliament Street (temple bar), good music, nice people.

That might actually be worth checking out actually... re temple bar generally, stay clear of it in general, especially Fitzsimmons if you'd actually like to end the end the day with a little bit of money left...

spence101 Registered User

Presidents of the United States of America are playing Vicar St, 25 blips.

I'm gonna have a fantastic Paddys Day!

other then that, the pubs on dame st were good craic last year as far as I remember, sweeneys, mercantile, sibin, bankers etc. few bands doing the rounds so it was good fun.

Marty McFly Registered User

spence101 said:
other then that, the pubs on dame st were good craic last year as far as I remember, sweeneys, mercantile, sibin, bankers etc. few bands doing the rounds so it was good fun.

+1 on this does be a great atmosphere amongst these pubs on paddys day, and if the weathers good dame lane itself does have a great atmosphere with everyone drinking on the street going from pub to pub etc.

DoesNotCompute Registered User

Everywhere's gonna be jammers. I'd say a six pack of Dutch Gold and head down the local park with the skangers and the teenagers. :-)

Anyone know if Trinity will be open on Saturday?

starviewadams Registered User

Only if you have a Trinity ID,was hoping the pav would be open last year,but security were only letting trinity residents in through the main gates.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!