gifted Registered User
#1

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get 3 car seats into the back of a Toyota Avensis? We have a 3 year old and a 19 month old and another one on the way. The car is a 2008 Avensis and going great and it's killing us to change to a people carrier. To get a people carrier of the same age I would probably have to give 6/7k with the Avensis .

Thanks

Moonbeam Moderator
#2

with the maxi cosi baby seat and a normal britax non isofix seat you might jsut fit a booseter in the middle or you might squeeze in a baby seat and 2 of the britax 123s but it will be a super tight fit.

January Category Moderator
#3

Super tight and there may also be issues with buckle crunch.

gifted Registered User
#4

Thanks Moonbeam,

We'll take a look at that combo, hopefully it will work.

gifted Registered User
#5

Hi January,

Thanks for highlighting that. That sounds fairly serious.

1 person has thanked this post
cynder Registered User
#6

I have a verso nd the buckles are lower than the seat, when I purchased the baby seats the woman checked them out before she sold them to us. We've got ,2 britax evolva 123 seats and up until 2 years ago we had a britax booster seat in the middle, ( she's too tall for it now)

It was a tight fit as all seats were wide, you can get a slimmer booster seat for the middle.

Best bet is to go to a shop and get the assistant to See what will fit in your car.

#7

It might be worth your while if you can find your nearest mother care with the space outside,they'll bring the seat out to your car to fit it, it might take a bit of convincing but they should be able to see if it's possible to get three age appropriate seats in...

January Category Moderator
#8

Tony Kealys will fit them for you too.

#9

Be careful with booster seats. Many people move their children in to them way too early. Their suitability should be determined by height not age, but three year olds would rarely be tall enough for a booster seat.

Oh and don't limit yourselves to people carriers. A mini mpv like a Renault scenic would be ideal with its three individual rear seats.

2 people have thanked this post
January Category Moderator
#10

whoopsadaisydoodles said:
Be careful with booster seats. Many people move their children in to them way too early. Their suitability should be determined by height not age, but three year olds would rarely be tall enough for a booster seat.

Oh and don't limit yourselves to people carriers. A mini mpv like a Renault scenic would be ideal with its three individual rear seats.


When we were car hunting we realised that the Scenic, while it does boast about three individual seats, does not actually have three FULL individual seats, the middle seat is smaller than the outer two seats making it hard to fit three car seats across the back. The Citroen Xsara Picasso on the other hand, does have three full seats in the back.

3 people have thanked this post
#11

January said:


When we were car hunting we realised that the Scenic, while it does boast about three individual seats, does not actually have three FULL individual seats, the middle seat is smaller than the outer two seats making it hard to fit three car seats across the back. The Citroen Xsara Picasso on the other hand, does have three full seats in the back.


Oh that's good to know. I didn't realise the middle was smaller. Did you go with the picasso in the end? I can't remember

January Category Moderator
#12

whoopsadaisydoodles said:
Oh that's good to know. I didn't realise the middle was smaller. Did you go with the picasso in the end? I can't remember


Haha, no we went with an Opel Zafira. We use one back seat for Addison in her car seat, but we're looking into getting a car seat that can be fitted with a lap belt (there's one in the middle of our car) as there is room to fit three car seats across the middle row. Younger models of the car have three full seat belts but ours is a 2002 model.

#13

Is there such a car seat? It sounds like it wouldn't be very well supported? Obviously that's the type of thing you're looking into!! I've just never heard of one.

January Category Moderator
#14

whoopsadaisydoodles said:
Is there such a car seat? It sounds like it wouldn't be very well supported? Obviously that's the type of thing you're looking into!! I've just never heard of one.


Britax Prince seems to be the only one, but, I'm very wary of it... I'm still researching it and have tweeted Simon at In Car Safety but he hasn't gotten back to me...

#15

Britax are a very good brand so would be definitely worth considering I'd say.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!