Its hard to believe its almost 2 years since we lost the greatest irish man of modern time but yet nothing has been done to remember him, 2fm didnt even do a tribuite for the first anniversary of his death last year. I think the may bank holiday monday should become an annual day of rememberance for him.

Spacedog Registered User

lol

4 people have thanked this post
telekon Registered User

Lottie?

old hippy Banned

I'd like to see a statue erected of him in Dublin City Centre. Outside The Bailey where I first had the pleasure of meeting him all those years ago.

Greenman Registered User

The Zohan strikes back said:
Its hard to believe its almost 2 years since we lost the greatest irish man of modern time but yet nothing has been done to remember him, 2fm didnt even do a tribuite for the first anniversary of his death last year. I think the may bank holiday monday should become an annual day of rememberance for him.

Is that you Gerry?

coylemj Registered User

This is a man who killed himself by abusing illegal drugs and you want to hold him up as a model for future generations?

..... the greatest irish man of modern time

You must be joking.

europa11 Registered User

Greenman said:
Is that you Gerry?

DanWall Registered User

I never thought of him as great, he always seemed to turn his conversations to smut, not a great example to our young.

dvcireland Registered User

telekon said:
Lottie?
stuck on a crossword, the clue is patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics or radio

N?pot??m

any ideas?

dvcireland said:

N?pot??m

No it wasn't pot, it was cocaine that got him.

I miss his radio show, Tubs and Hayes are no match at all.

Rebelheart Banned

Its hard to believe its almost 2 years since we lost the greatest irish man of modern time

Yes indeed, Gerry Ryan was up there with Aodh Mór Ó Néill, Mícheál Ó Coileáin and John Hume.

DEFTLEFTHAND Registered User

A bit of a watered down Howard Stern wannabe, but that was a good thing in my book. Hard to believe its been nearly 2 years already.

todolist Registered User

I listened to his show every morning at work.He was a superb broadcaster.I miss him and haven't bothered tuning in to 2fm since his loss.

A discussion about G Ryans radio show is most welcome but that's all that is to be discussed. Failing that I'll close the thread

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!