etloveslsd Registered User

When can we sign free agents again?

Berty44 Registered User

Don't think there is any resrtiction on picking up a free agent as long as your squad keeps with 56 players. Not 100% certain on this though.

1 person has thanked this post
nerd69 Registered User

i might be wrong but i think i read somewhere that if you pick up a free agent you have to hold on to him for the year to prevent people signing everyone looking for some a potential

Raoul Registered User

That is for right after the draft. There is a rush for fa's so it is to stop people from taking everyone and deciding after if they like them or not

1 person has thanked this post
PacFish Registered User

Read and understood

2 people have thanked this post
Guffy Registered User

Hey lads so what's the rule with screen plays? Was playing a game were a player dropped back at least 15 yards. I mean it was ridiculous I was so close to rage quit and went on tilt for rest of half. He did the same thing in second half but didn't score from that one.

Is there a rule here or not cause I've been running to side on screen play to allow it develop but if I'm allowed to drop 15-20 yards feck it I'm doin that.

gufc21 said:
Hey lads so what's the rule with screen plays? Was playing a game were a player dropped back at least 15 yards. I mean it was ridiculous I was so close to rage quit and went on tilt for rest of half. He did the same thing in second half but didn't score from that one.

Is there a rule here or not cause I've been running to side on screen play to allow it develop but if I'm allowed to drop 15-20 yards feck it I'm doin that.

On Screen plays, it is designed for the QB to drop back 10-15 yards. This is so the pass rush chases him and he can then dump it off to the half back to turn it up the field.

2 people have thanked this post
Shane.C Registered User

Good aul screen plays.

Raoul Registered User

Its one of the only plays where you are allowed to drop back further than what the normal QB step is.

Guffy Registered User

Fair enough now I know.

madalig12 Registered User

gufc21 said:
Fair enough now I know.

I normally step to the side aswell!

adrian522 Moderator

Yeah, but there should still be a realistic limit, 10 yards should be plenty if you are under centre and 5 if you are in the shotgun.

Dropping back 20 yards is not just not realistic or acceptable on any play.

PerrinV2 Moderator

Well my understanding of the rule was the cpu drops you back the required amount,after that you shoudln't be moving your qb any further back

PerrinV2 said:
Well my understanding of the rule was the cpu drops you back the required amount,after that you shoudln't be moving your qb any further back

That is correct except the CPU doesn't drop back your player for you when you are doing screen passes.

Example here:

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!