christeb Registered User
#1

Registration is open now on Athletics Ireland


KK - Limerick - Sligo - Cavan - Dublin

I'm almost sure the Dublin one is on in the Phx Park. For €5 you get a running t-shirt and goody bag. Last year's was excellent, and although this course is different, I'm sure it'll be just as good.

runrabbit Registered User
#2

Cool - I didn't do this last year as the midweek timing didn't suit with work, but the Dublin one is on Good Friday so I've signed up! Having a job that closes on Good Friday has really paid off this year

xebec Registered User
#3

Can't go far wrong with €5 for a 5k, I'm in...

run_Forrest_run Registered User
#4

what's the main objective here, is there a charity involved?

RayCun Registered User
#5

It's a "get off your fat arse" run
I did the Dublin one last year and it was grand. A bit of confusion at the start over which way we were supposed to be running (started on a track), but the course seemed accurate and it was well stewarded, the t-shirt and bag were worth the fiver, and you got to run alongside Sonia O'Sullivan.

1 person has thanked this post
tunney Registered User
#6

Assuming this is targeted at the unemployed?

BeepBeep67 Registered User
#7

tunney said:
Assuming this is targeted at the unemployed?


Can you pay with butter vouchers?

sconhome Registered User
#8

There was one in Galway last year and Ming was one of the celebrities running with Ray.

Surprised its not happening again, was over 900 people running in it. A lot of Fit4Life runners but as Ray suggests, aimed at getting people out and off their butts.

run_Forrest_run Registered User
#9

ah right. jeeze, if people are so lazy they need Ray Darcy to get them motivated then it's a sad state of affairs.

1 person has thanked this post
tommycahir Registered User
#10

real pity that the KK based one is on a Monday!

RayCun Registered User
#11

run_Forrest_run said:
ah right. jeeze, if people are so lazy they need Ray Darcy to get them motivated then it's a sad state of affairs.


Or, to put it another way, if one DJ can get hundreds of people to start running, that's a good thing.

9 people have thanked this post
Pacing Mule Registered User
#12

christeb said:
Registration is open now on Athletics Ireland


KK - Limerick - Sligo - Cavan - Dublin

I'm almost sure the Dublin one is on in the Phx Park. For €5 you get a running t-shirt and goody bag. Last year's was excellent, and although this course is different, I'm sure it'll be just as good.


The Spar website had a route map based in Ringsend for it but it now redirects to the athletics ireland page with no map. Maybe it is being changed from Ringsend to the park ?

Clum Registered User
#13

This is not a race!

It's literally a jog aimed at those who do a bit of walking or jogging or nothing at all really.

I did it last year as one of the legs was in my home town but we were under strict instructions to stick with Ray and let him lead the group for over half the run.

If you're short on technical tee's is worth the 5 euro. If you need motivation to exercise and think that jogging in the company of a radio dj will get you off the couch then it's definitely worth the 5 euro.

The majority of the crowd (like 99%) were fans of Ray and because they were in the company of a hero it was a great giggly atmosphere for most.

#14

Clum said:


I did it last year as one of the legs was in my home town but we were under strict instructions to stick with Ray and let him lead the group for over half the run.


The majority of the crowd (like 99%) were fans of Ray and because they were in the company of a hero it was a great giggly atmosphere for most.


Not a fan of Darcy's. I'd like to see him stop me when I piss it off at the start

3 people have thanked this post
RacoonQueen Moderator
#15

TheRoadRunner said:
Not a fan of Darcy's. I'd like to see him stop me when I piss it off at the start


Be careful. Ted might tackle ya!

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!