zerks Registered User
#151

Too many senior players in Abramovic's ear,not right when players seem to have more power than the manager.

There's a clique at Chelsea which needs to be broken up,the sooner the likes of Terry,Cole & Lampard are finished at the club the better.No manager will survive with those conspiring against him and a trigger happy owner.

3 people have thanked this post
Sgt Pepper 64 Registered User
#152

Another "fresh" start for Torres?!

I reckon he's partly to blame for seeing off 2 managers

If he just did his job and put the ball in the net, we wouldnt have this thread

2 people have thanked this post
#153

The clique of senior players at Chelsea win.

2 people have thanked this post
jesus_thats_gre Registered User
#154

Sgt Pepper 64 said:
Another "fresh" start for Torres?!

I reckon he's partly to blame for seeing off 2 managers

If he just did his job and put the ball in the net, we wouldnt have this thread


That is just slightly simplistic logic.....

2 people have thanked this post
#155

With Di Matteo staying on as manager in my mind it signals the return of Mourinho in the summer

mikeym Registered User
#156

Cant see the Special One coming back to Stamford Bridge.

cournioni Moderator
#157

SantryRed said:
The clique of senior players at Chelsea win.

I agree with you on that, I think the Chelsea players went against him. It looked that way judging by their body language (and AVB's body language too). If that is the case, it will be a problem at Chelsea until there is a clear out of the players that are ruling the dressing room.

Feel for AVB, he had a great thing going on at Porto and left it for what seemed to be a very unhappy time at Chelsea.

tipp_Gunner Registered User
#158

I think there was a division of loyalties in this chelsea dressing room and when that happens the clock starts to tick for the manager. Phil Scolari had a similar problem with Ballack refusing to play beside Deco and Deco in turn referring to Ballack as 'the German'. Drogba also thought he could pick the team. Not so sure if AVB could get the best out of the players in any scenario

Crann na Beatha Neart agus OnĂ³ir
#159

There is only one man for the job at Chelsea..
Only one man can handle the big egos and a ruthless owner
his name...


Chuck Norris

1 person has thanked this post
willmunny1990 Registered User
#160

cournioni said:
I agree with you on that, I think the Chelsea players went against him. It looked that way judging by their body language (and AVB's body language too). If that is the case, it will be a problem at Chelsea until there is a clear out of the players that are ruling the dressing room.

Feel for AVB, he had a great thing going on at Porto and left it for what seemed to be a very unhappy time at Chelsea.


Porto was a much smaller job TBF. His success at Porto didn't warrant him getting the Chelsea job. The job was to big for him.

He didn't have the man-management skills to deal with the the big players.

He should of handled a lot of situations better as wellIMO. We all no Lampard shouldn't be a confirmed starter every week, but the way AVB handled that situation was all wrong IMO.

Falling out with your senior players is always going to be disastrous.

#161

willmunny1990 said:
Porto was a much smaller job TBF. His success at Porto didn't warrant him getting the Chelsea job. The job was to big for him.

He didn't have the man-management skills to deal with the the big players.

He should of handled a lot of situations better as wellIMO. We all no Lampard shouldn't be a confirmed starter every week, but the way AVB handled that situation was all wrong IMO.

Falling out with your senior players is always going to be disastrous.

The real disastrous decision was associating himself with Chelsea in the first place. He should have stayed at Porto until a big job became available at a decent club.

2 people have thanked this post
Fight_Night Registered User
#162

AgileMyth said:
The real disastrous decision was associating himself with Chelsea in the first place. He should have stayed at Porto until a big job became available at a decent club.


This.

With that said, I don't think this is the end of him by any means, there's a lot he can learn from this experience.

JPA Registered User
#163

willmunny1990 said:
Porto was a much smaller job TBF. His success at Porto didn't warrant him getting the Chelsea job. The job was to big for him.

He didn't have the man-management skills to deal with the the big players.

He should of handled a lot of situations better as wellIMO. We all no Lampard shouldn't be a confirmed starter every week, but the way AVB handled that situation was all wrong IMO.

Falling out with your senior players is always going to be disastrous.

The real disastrous decision was associating himself with Chelsea in the first place. He should have stayed at Porto until a big job became available at a decent club.



Considering he already worked at Chelsea he probably thought he had a head start going there .

Yakult Moderator
#164

He was always going to be undermined at Chelsea. You have players nearly the same age as the man who have egos that are hard to manage. He never had the power to control these players and I think at one stage he pretty much said the same in a different way.
He will be better off without Chelsea and the clowns there. Good manager who deserved better.

5 people have thanked this post
#165

This pretty much sums it up for me ....

@georgina_turner: Chelsea make football feel seedy. A club that will pay £15m to buy a manager out of a project elsewhere and then won't buy his philosophy.

13 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!