Sonics2k Registered User

Oranage2 said:
Full skellington or something I'm not a archaeologist.

Oranage2 said:
Full skellington

Oranage2 said:
skellington

4 people have thanked this post
Bannasidhe Registered User

Sonics2k said:

(Invalid img)

2 people have thanked this post
Calibos Registered User

Cocksure...to be sure to be sure

Hmm, I am pretty certain about my own penis...

Galvasean Registered User

Oranage2 said:
I've still a few questions like why cant fish do mathematics

11 people have thanked this post
CiaranMT Registered User

Oranage2 said:
Full skellington or something I'm not a archaeologist.

Clearly.

5 people have thanked this post

FWIW, when dealing with fossils it's usually palaeontology, not archaeology.

4 people have thanked this post
Oranage2 Registered User

Galvasean said:
FWIW, when dealing with fossils it's usually palaeontology, not archaeology.

Either way they should get a real job.

Anyway and since I've been goaded into a response.

Galvasean said:
We'll make him change!

Can I just get some clarity that this cartoon hammer isnt a threat on my well being?

I get jokes and I take it that Galvasean is using the metaphorical Maslow's 'golden hammer' meaning that he will try a different tactic to change my opinion instead of the one size fits all approach.

But just to be sure as we know you cant take internet threats too lightly.

RichieC said:

I see Mr. Ritchie that you're still not accepting that you were trolling the other thread. Well I will accept an apology if you're not man enough to admit your wrong doing. Or maybe atleast be more tolerant to the people that dont believe in things on anecdotal evidence.

Alas, the thing about the fish and math, it just seems strange to me that humans being a relativity new species is the smartest but the other species who have billions of years on us are stupid, if we all evolved from the same origin then surely whales should have their under water civilisations or something. It just seems very strange, there's no way that humans have evolved from anything, we're just too smart and complex to have evolved from a plant or what not. And if evolution was true to the extent you believe then why havent some humans developed gills or wings?

robindch Moderator

Oranage2 said:
it just seems strange to me that humans being a relativity new species is the smartest but the other species who have billions of years on us are stupid, if we all evolved from the same origin then surely whales should have their under water civilisations or something. It just seems very strange, there's no way that humans have evolved from anything, we're just too smart and complex to have evolved from a plant or what not. And if evolution was true to the extent you believe then why havent some humans developed gills or wings?
If you want to discuss evolution, there are two threads going in A+A:

This one if you're not interested in learning anything, and this one if you are.

3 people have thanked this post
Doctor DooM Moderator

Oranage2 said:

Alas, the thing about the fish and math, it just seems strange to me that humans being a relativity new species is the smartest but the other species who have billions of years on us are stupid, if we all evolved from the same origin then surely whales should have their under water civilisations or something. It just seems very strange, there's no way that humans have evolved from anything, we're just too smart and complex to have evolved from a plant or what not. And if evolution was true to the extent you believe then why havent some humans developed gills or wings?

I wish I wasn't an atheist so I could go "Dear God" right now and mean it.

Just in case this isn't a Godwin: Human foetus' have vestigial gills: wings are pentadactyl limbs, like our hands. So we do actually have them.

2 people have thanked this post

You made a good point there Orange about evolution.

I'm sure fish have their own version of mathematics, ffs a plant has more common sense than some people LOL

The human feteus goes through every stage of evolution in the womb but it causes heated discussion when peoples say Atheists develop more of a reptilian brain than spiritual people

1 person has thanked this post

Oranage2 said:

Curious. Would you consider a priest as having a real job?

Oranage2 said:

Can I just get some clarity that this cartoon hammer isnt a threat on my well being?

I get jokes and I take it that Galvasean is using the metaphorical Maslow's 'golden hammer' meaning that he will try a different tactic to change my opinion instead of the one size fits all approach.

Not quite as intellectual an approach as the 'golden hammer', but rather more along the lines of, "We must continue to hammer the point home!"

1 person has thanked this post

Oranage2 said:

Actually, I must comment on this statement again.
Just who are you to make snide comments about archaeologists and palaeontologists no having real jobs when you have demonstrated yourself to not have the slightest clue as to what it is they actually do?

13 people have thanked this post

Oh here we go LOL

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!