NeVeR Registered User

When i started driving these where the prices.

I know it was cheaper the the older people !

Painful

2 people have thanked this post
djimi Registered User

Remember them? I remember when petrol hit 99 and giving out stink that it would soon go over 1.00 a litre! Oh to have those days back...

1 person has thanked this post
MugMugs Hosted Moderator

NeVeR said:

When i started driving these where the prices.

I know it was cheaper the the older people !

Painful

I really must grab a picture of the old Jet station on The Dublin Road in Dundalk. The price is barely legible but around 57ish pence ?

2 people have thanked this post
Mycroft H Registered User

MugMugs said:
I really must grab a picture of the old Jet station on The Dublin Road in Dundalk. The price is barely legible but around 57ish pence ?

1998/1999 period? I remember diesel being that round then

Big Nasty Registered User

BX 19 said:
1998/1999 period? I remember diesel being that round then

Fuel was around that price in '05!

delly Radiator

MugMugs said:

Don't trouble yourself, with the wonder of google maps http://g.co/maps/5cv5z

Ironically enough, most of the streetview images were mapped when it was around the euro mark.

When the price of Oil plummeted in '09 or '10 after it had hit $150 a barrel prices were cheap (ish) their for awhile.

Mycroft H Registered User

MCMLXXV said:
Fuel was around that price in '05!

Seriously?

I remember my dad filling up a diesel vento at around 50p a litre around 98-99. Cant have been much cheaper then.

It'd still be less than 1.30 now if it wasn't for those fecking bits of tax the govt has been putting on the past 4 years

eth0 said:
It'd still be less than 1.30 now if it wasn't for those fecking bits of tax the govt has been putting on the past 4 years

22c since '08 apparently.

vectra Registered User

BX 19 said:
Seriously?

I remember my dad filling up a diesel vento at around 50p a litre around 98-99. Cant have been much cheaper then.

Yup,'97 I remember it being around ,,,£2.30 a gallon for petrol.. 110 miles to the tenner in a 2 liter car

Fiona Registered User

Ah yes i remember those days alright It was 1.64 this morning in the Topaz on the North Road. I died a little inside as i drove past.

Padraig Mor Registered User

Was about 85c/litre when I started driving. Give it a few weeks and that will have doubled!

Gone Drinking Registered User

Was filling up yesterday, 20 quid got me 12 litres.. fu*king terrible

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!