jtown Registered User

Hi all, due to play Castlemartyr shortly. Anyone play it recently and what should I expect

Played b4 christmas and it was in good nick as always. The course drains really well and is rarely very wet underfoot. Distance wise it is quite manageable for higher handicappers with three very shorts par 4's. Having said that it doesn't guarantee a good score! Pins can be tucked away. They have a nice pin placement guide on the scorecard. Rough is cut back so easy to find.

jtown Registered User

peepee said:
Played b4 christmas and it was in good nick as always. The course drains really well and is rarely very wet underfoot. Distance wise it is quite manageable for higher handicappers with three very shorts par 4's. Having said that it doesn't guarantee a good score! Pins can be tucked away. They have a nice pin placement guide on the scorecard. Rough is cut back so easy to find.

Excellent, sounds like its fair enough. We are having an outing there so mix of all handicaps.

denishurley Registered User

When is the outing? I'm playing there Friday week for the first time so could report back if you're not going there until after?

jtown Registered User

denishurley said:
When is the outing? I'm playing there Friday week for the first time so could report back if you're not going there until after?

Playing there end of next month now. Had to change dates.

denishurley Registered User

I'll report back to you so, bound to find a few places that should be avoided!

jtown Registered User

denishurley said:
I'll report back to you so, bound to find a few places that should be avoided!

ssbob Registered User

Hoping to play Castlemartyr this coming weekend so will also report back should I get out. I enjoy the course a lot as it is very forgiving for a high handicapper like me and gives me chances for birdies

Holy Diver Registered User

I've played there twice (once off whites, once off blues) and found it most enjoyable both times. Really liked the undulating fairways and the condition was top notch.

The back nine is FAR more difficult that the front nine with quite a few long par 4s

jtown Registered User

ssbob said:
Hoping to play Castlemartyr this coming weekend so will also report back should I get out. I enjoy the course a lot as it is very forgiving for a high handicapper like me and gives me chances for birdies

How was it? How did it go?

ssbob Registered User

jtown said:
How was it? How did it go?

It didn't go due to technical difficulties at home with the Mrs......next week for definite

jtown Registered User

Playing there on the 24th if anybody has played it recently. How was it?

jtown Registered User

ssbob said:
It didn't go due to technical difficulties at home with the Mrs......next week for definite

Did you manage to make it?

ssbob Registered User

jtown said:
Did you manage to make it?

Ya played it yesterday, in great nick, the good weather helped, pity my bad play didn't help. I really like the course.

jtown Registered User

ssbob said:
Ya played it yesterday, in great nick, the good weather helped, pity my bad play didn't help. I really like the course.

So its in good nick.. that's good to hear. Is the course long/ hard?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!