wardy2 Registered User

yep i was ask for the 1cent too ,never went back to the station again

Caliden Registered User

I see people going over a few cent, but then dont bother lift the hosing so it cancels it out.

If I go over a few cent I make sure to have it on hand in case they ask for it, most places dont though

Shure if ye stop the flow, it stops the meter, yet a good bit continues on flowing out. I always get that little extra bit. It's even better when the gobshite before me didn't, which the rarely do.

Yakult Moderator

FearDark said:
Three fiddy.

Well, it was about that time that I realized those petrol pumps were actually 8 stories tall and was a crustacean from the Paleolithic Era. I said dammit it monster I aint given you no three fiddy, he then said, "how about two fiddy?".

3 people have thanked this post
tvercetti Registered User

I normally fill up with €30 and go a cents over, then I pay with a €50 note so its upto the cashier to decide whether to give me €20 change or €19.98, the other day I accidentally went 17c over, the cashier proceeded to count out €19.83

1 person has thanked this post
MickySticks Banned

tvercetti said:
I normally fill up with €30 and go a cents over, then I pay with a €50 note so its upto the cashier to decide whether to give me €20 change or €19.98, the other day I accidentally went 17c over, the cashier proceeded to count out €19.83
17c is taking the piss though.

9 people have thanked this post
fussyonion Registered User

MickySticks said:
What's it like up there on your high horse?

Amirani Moderator
Tails142 Registered User

As the price of petrol goes up its getting progressively harder to stop the pump right on the money

10 people have thanked this post
Rich11 Registered User

well.... if you buy something that is €9.99 and hand over a tenner you'd expect your 1c back.... would'nt you..... yes..... thanks

SeanW Registered User

Rich11 said:
well.... if you buy something that is €9.99 and hand over a tenner you'd expect your 1c back.... would'nt you..... yes..... thanks
Yes, that's because when they do that, it's psychological pricing bull****. Costs €10 really but the cent off makes it look like €9 and change.

So if some retailer is doing that pathetic crap, you're damn right I'm going to make sure I get my change ...

patwicklow Registered User

Well look at it this way if 100 people took 1cent with out paying thats one euro loss a day 7 aweek 28 a month 336 a year loss.

Sofiztikated Registered User

patwicklow said:
Well look at it this way if 100 people took 1cent with out paying thats one euro loss a day 7 aweek 28 a month 336 a year loss.

You know there is a few more days in the year than that?

7 people have thanked this post
patwicklow Registered User

Sofiztikated said:

Its a net loss..

Sofiztikated Registered User

Sofiztikated said:

Its a net loss..

Roll your eyes all you want, 100 x 1c a day, over a year is €365, seeing as most stations are open all year round.

Please explain otherwise.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!