CrackisWhack Registered User

The $180 is for the entire two bed apartment, but its not in any of the big cities, which obviously are more expensive. But I have seen some good deals on gumtree in Melbourne.

CiaranC Closed Account

CrackisWhack said:
The $180 is for the entire two bed apartment, but its not in any of the big cities, which obviously are more expensive. But I have seen some good deals on gumtree in Melbourne.

Where can you rent a 2 bed apartment for $180 a week?

Xavi6 Registered User

CiaranC said:

4 people have thanked this post
markymark21 Registered User

Xavi6 said:

haha I can just about hear the banjo...

jackbhoy Registered User

CiaranC said:

Estate agent listing:
A bijou, detached dwelling in the most tranquil of woodland settings. Original period features and well ventilated, open plan living space.

2 people have thanked this post
mandrake04 Registered User

^ don't forget the Outdoor living space, room for at least a 2 burner.

CiaranC Closed Account

Thats actually nicer than the gaff I was paying 500 a week for in St Kilda

1 person has thanked this post

CiaranC said:

Griffith, NSW. If you look hard enough, you can get one cheaper.

You should have done your research and stayed away from St. Kilda, probably the most overpriced suburb in Melbourne.

Xavi6 Registered User

CrackisWhack said:
Griffith, NSW. If you look hard enough, you can get one cheaper.

You should have done your research and stayed away from St. Kilda, probably the most overpriced suburb in Melbourne.

• 803 km (499 mi) from Adelaide
  • 568 km (353 mi) from Sydney
  • 512 km (318 mi) from Melbourne
  • 358 km (222 mi) from Canberra

I'd rather pay the extra tbh

Xavi6 said:

Good for you, I'm just trying to give a reasoned and honest response to the OP, There is work here and rent is affordable.

Also I added that more affordable places(far less than $500 a week) can be found in Melbourne too! Have a look on gumtree, Its not an absolute necessity to live in the centre of Melbourne, public transport is quite good and affordable.

CiaranC Closed Account

Xavi6 said:

Id rather stay at home than live there tbh

CiaranC said:
Id rather stay at home than live there tbh

Each to their own, but I would rather be here working, earning a half decent wage rather than signing on at a dole office in Dublin, I found that quite depressing last year.

But then you sound like quite a privileged chap, I'm sure thats beneath someone like you

Also I'd like to add there is some really beautiful national parks out this way, with an abundance of wildlife. I do intend on moving back to Melbourne, but i've enjoyed my stay so far in semi rural Australia.

Xavi6 Registered User

CrackisWhack said:
Good for you, I'm just trying to give a reasoned and honest response to the OP, There is work here and rent is affordable.

Also I added that more affordable places(far less than $500 a week) can be found in Melbourne too! Have a look on gumtree, Its not an absolute necessity to live in the centre of Melbourne, public transport is quite good and affordable.

To be fair you were disingenous by saying you can get a two bed for $180. You didn't say it was in the back arse of nowehere.

And I don't think it's the best or most suitable advice to the OP when the couple in question can't even wipe their arses by the sound of it (their fault of course but still).

CiaranC Closed Account

Id rather live in Perth!

You still getting to the games Xavi? Hopefully Wellington can do themselves and Perth a favour Saturday

Xavi6 said:
To be fair you were disingenous by saying you can get a two bed for $180. You didn't say it was in the back arse of nowehere.

And I don't think it's the best or most suitable advice to the OP when the couple in question can't even wipe their arses by the sound of it (their fault of course but still).

Read the post at the top of page 4, I said I wasn't living in any of the big cities, Griffith has a population of roughly 30,000 people , its not really the back arse of nowhere, certainly not by Australian standards.

Also It's a bit presumptuous to say they can't even wipe their own arses, so without knowing the couple, I would say my comment is a little bit more helpful than the " do you have any idea how expensive this place is? I was paying $500 in St. Kilda" type comments tbh.

Anybody planning to come here obviously needs to do their own research, but there is alot of opportunity here, it's just up to the potential immigrant to be smart and work hard and at the very least they'll have an enjoyable 2 years and save a few quid.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!