Nules10 Registered User

Congrats again Dave. When is the new arrival due? Enjoy and good luck in the race tomorrow.

1 person has thanked this post
red face dave Registered User

Thanks Anne first one alright great excitement. Might make the Dublin Marathon a bit tricky but should be okay time wise

Thanks Nules he/she should be due mid November. Seems like ages away

Nules10 Registered User

Ahh Nice just in time for Christmas. It will fly in Dave. Make sure you are extra nice to the missus now

Nules10 said:
Ahh Nice just in time for Christmas. It will fly in Dave. Make sure you are extra nice to the missus now

Ha whatever. I always do

2 people have thanked this post

Good day at the office but the weather didn't exactly play is part.
Felt very strong in the first 2 miles and I knew I could break the 50 minutes mark. Then mile 3 this has to be the longest road I have ever ran it just never seemed to end and then the wind which seemed to be going straight across us brought my pace right back. Once we left there I managed to control the breathing and make the final push
Crossed the line in a new record of 48.17 and a new p.b by 2 minutes

Mile 1- 7.36
Mile 2- 7.47
Mile 3- 7.52
Mile 4- 8.02
Mile 5- 8.07
Mile 6- 7.57

Nules10 Registered User

Nice one dave. awful day for it alright and i am sure if conditions were better you would have shaved a bit more off that time. Well done

Thanks Nules yeah definitely think I could have gone another 1 - 1.30 minute quicker but that's for another day.

One lesson learned today never wear new shorts I can hardly walk now with the chafing

scriba Registered User

Excellent running Dave. Well done, reward yourself with copious amounts is sudocream!

Younganne Registered User

Dave were ye not listen in class last year when Ray said not to try anything new on race day

Congrats on the PB, the times are coming down nicely for you now.....well done!!!

next PB will be the Half...whats you current half time and whats the aim?

scriba said:
Excellent running Dave. Well done, reward yourself with copious amounts is sudocream!

Thanks Scriba. I swear to god I am walking like John Wyane.. Nearly had a bath in it earlier on.

Younganne said:
Dave were ye not listen in class last year when Ray said not to try anything new on race day

Congrats on the PB, the times are coming down nicely for you now.....well done!!!

next PB will be the Half...whats you current half time and whats the aim?

Thanks Anne, that's one thing you should stress to all over at marathon 2012 I am in a bad way here

Starting to see nice improvements in my times alright. All this club training might just be working.

Half marathon time at the moment is 1.50 hope for maybe a 1.48 in Ballina and a 1.43 for the year. Probably wishful thinking.

RayCun Registered User

next time

I wouldn't mind but I am usually very good at putting on loads of vasaline. The one bloody day

Younganne Registered User

you live an learn!!! how did the back hold out Dave?? i bet with the chafting you forgot about the back

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!