LostBoy101 Registered User
#1

I just sold an item for €73 on ebay and I've sent the buyer feedback first for the payment but after 3 days he has not sent me any feedback what so ever. I've mailed him on the website and I've just emailed him saying that I value his feedback on the item.

What should I do if he does not send any feedback?

#2

Thats the way eBay works, there are a lot of ignorant buyers around and nothing you can do about it.

raveni Registered User
#3

Do you know for sure if he's received it yet? With the weekend he may not have, especially if he lives in a rural area (presuming they're within Ireland). A buyer isn't going to leave feedback until they have the item and then yes unfortunately there are still some buyers who just don't leave any feedback, and there's nothing you can do in that case, it's just bad form on their part.

I personally don't leave buyers feedback until they have left me some - I include a note with the item I send saying that if they are happy with their item that I'd appreciate if they left me feedback and if there's any problem to contact me before leaving feedback, that way you never end up leaving feedback for a transaction which doesn't work out well (read scammer or lost item) - and there's more incentive for the buyer to actually leave you feedback.

LostBoy101 Registered User
#4

raveni said:
Do you know for sure if he's received it yet? With the weekend he may not have, especially if he lives in a rural area (presuming they're within Ireland). A buyer isn't going to leave feedback until they have the item and then yes unfortunately there are still some buyers who just don't leave any feedback, and there's nothing you can do in that case, it's just bad form on their part.

I personally don't leave buyers feedback until they have left me some - I include a note with the item I send saying that if they are happy with their item that I'd appreciate if they left me feedback and if there's any problem to contact me before leaving feedback, that way you never end up leaving feedback for a transaction which doesn't work out well (read scammer or lost item) - and there's more incentive for the buyer to actually leave you feedback.

I've sent it by registered post and it says it was delivered.

Yeah I should leave feedback until they do so I will take your advice

Cheers.

millymash12 Registered User
#5

You can't expect people to give you feedback, iv been selling on ebay for a while now and worked out that its 1 in 10 will leave feedback. Go the extra mile and put a free chuppa chupp lolly in all your orders, seems to be working for me at the moment, just don't send the cherry flavoured ones, no one likes them!

Miaireland Registered User
#6

I buy a lot from ebay and there are often times that I leave feedback a week or two after receiving the item. To be honest if a seller emailed me looking for feedback it would annoy me and I would be less likely to do it.

For all you know the buyer may be away and someone else in his house signed for the parcel

2 people have thanked this post
#7

I never leave feedback just because the item has arrived and isn't obviously broken.

Example - last item I bought was a phone battery and I didn't leave feedback untill it had been in the phone a few days and gone through a couple of full charging cycles. The battery was a very cheap knock off so I knew what I was getting but if delivery had been slow, packaging poor and it didn't work I wouldn't have bothered returning it, I'd have given an automatic NEGATIVE, because other buyers need to know that sort of thing. On the other hand if the delivery was quick and the item was well packed I'd assume that the seller had taken some care and unless they were particularly difficult to deal with wouldn't have left a negative. As it is the battery was fine (others have been very poor) and worked was deilvered well packed very quickly so they got excellent feedback, along the lines - Fast delivery well packed working item, credit to ebay. If your going to be quick to leave negatives for poor sellers then I feel you should leave good feedback for good transaction.

LostBoy101 Registered User
#8

All is sorted now as he/she left me positive feedback.

As many of you stated I think he/she checked out the item if it is in fully working condition (was an external hard drive).

Thanks very much for replies!

booboo88 Banned
#9

baords dyslexic said:
Thats the way eBay works, there are a lot of ignorant buyers around and nothing you can do about it.


A lot of ignorant sellers too sadly.
OP it could be that the buyer just hasnt had a chance to leave feedback yet, patience grasshopper

LostBoy101 Registered User
#10

booboo88 said:
A lot of ignorant sellers too sadly.
OP it could be that the buyer just hasnt had a chance to leave feedback yet, patience grasshopper

Heh, yes I do have impatient alright.

Jellybaby1 Registered User
#11

Just to say that I've bought a lot of stuff on eBay over the years and have always left 5* feedback as I've never had any problems and thankfully I've always received 5* feedback. Usually small fry stuff under $20. My last item however arrived in the middle of a stressful week and I clean forgot to leave feedback but I did as soon as I remembered. You never know what is going on in someone's life to make them forget. Sometimes a bereavement or illness. This also happened last year on Etsy and when I remembered I emailed the seller and apologised for the delay and the answer was 'apologies are neither expected or necessary". I took this as being a bit sharp but they may not have meant it that way.

chopsey Registered User
#12

raveni said:

I personally don't leave buyers feedback until they have left me some - I include a note with the item I send saying that if they are happy with their item that I'd appreciate if they left me feedback and if there's any problem to contact me before leaving feedback, that way you never end up leaving feedback for a transaction which doesn't work out well (read scammer or lost item) - and there's more incentive for the buyer to actually leave you feedback.


i sell quite a bit on ebay and would agree that buyers can be lazy but also they can be very nice and its the nice ones that make it worth while just make a note of the no feedback paople and block them from ever buying your stuff again

personally if a buyers pays promtly and is happy witht he costs then i will immediately leave them POSITIVE feedback because they have upheld their side of the deal, the rest is up to me and if i mess up or the item isnt as expected then i'll take the hit on that.

I will more often that not go out of my way to assist the buyer before and after the sale and if they are still not happy then a full refund is the only option sometimes i will even send a few quid extra to cover the cost of postage back to me.

the old adage the "the customer is always right" extends to ebay too even if you know they are wrong

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!