kkelly77 Registered User

Got my handset back from VF after repair the other day. The only app I installed since then is Droid Blocker.

Since then I've received 2 notifications on my phone (see image attached). Have I inadvertently installed spyware onto my phone?

Attachments
ScreenShot.jpg
2 people have thanked this post
4ndroid Registered User

Uninstall it and then run norton app or lookout security

Search the market for Airpush detector . It really needs a sticky at this stage

2 people have thanked this post
kkelly77 Registered User

subway said:
Search the market for Airpush detector . It really needs a sticky at this stage

Good shout Subway!!!!

Fecking Droid Blocker was the culprit.

No bother, seems like more and more apps using this form of advertising. It's a real pain and very intrusive

denballs Banned

kkelly77 said:
Got my handset back from VF after repair the other day. The only app I installed since then is Droid Blocker.

Since then I've received 2 notifications on my phone (see image attached). Have I inadvertently installed spyware onto my phone?

lots of apps do that....it is blockable....if it annoys you...just get their paid version for free......revenge+ no adds

1 person has thanked this post
kkelly77 Registered User

I've never seen it before with any other app I've downloaded so was just freaking out when I saw it. All I need now is a decent call blocking app that doesn't include all that spam crap.

bastados Registered User

Nothing mucks up your phone faster then a few badly chosen apps...I've stopped adding unless I absolutely need them.

paddyandy Banned

Are apps. from market only always safe .I avoid 3rd party .

Wetai Registered User

paddyandy said:
Are apps. from market only always safe .I avoid 3rd party .

Not all android apps on the market are legit/safe, Google don't have a QA-style thing for submissions (yet) and the Cost of Entry is cheap. Some 'malware' has been on there in the past, but if it's bad enough/people complain enough Google remove the apps. It's not common enough to really warrant a full-time anti-virus as long as you read the permisions and don't install something that needs full internet access/contacts/SMS if it's a flashlight. [x]

1 person has thanked this post
MrVestek Registered User

If you do need antivirus though I use Webroot Mobile Security, the free edition from the marketplace.

Seems to work quite well, I've had issues with lookout in the past draining battery for instance.

avast have a free version for android

just to note, none of these antivirus solutions actually check for airpush, do they?
avast definitely doesnt in my experience

ongarite Registered User

Why this fascination with anti-virus solutions for Android?
Even Google have come out with a statement saying they are completely pointless and useless.

Atomic Pineapple Registered User

Yes anti virus is pointless on Android.

Google also have a new thing called the Bouncer which automatically scans the market checking for high risk apps and removing them or flagging them for human review if required.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!