super_furry Registered User
#2

That's a great sales model and one I'm surprised has taken this long to hit consoles. It's win-win for Sony, not only does the existing player base get a massive boost, but they're opening up the game to a whole new audience.

2 people have thanked this post
Varik Registered User
#3

super_furry said:
That's a great sales model and one I'm surprised has taken this long to hit consoles.


There have been a few games so far, including DCU online and some other mmo.

Andy!! Banned
#4

Pity KZ3 is absolute ****e, both SP and MP. And I am (was) a massive Killzone fanboy.

1 person has thanked this post
Magill Registered User
#5

Considering its got an 79 user rating (84 critic) on metacritic, im guessing it being "Absolute ****e" is subjective !

Not an amazing score but certainly not the lowest user score ever.

I only played the beta, which i found quite decent/fun. The aiming was a bit clunky tho.

4 people have thanked this post
mystic86 Registered User
#6

By my rough estimates you could only get maybe 10 or so games for free. Then you would have to pay.

GG made a post on their website confirming all of this, and confirming that the maps included will include all the dlc maps (awesome).

But, they seem to suggest that there isn't simply a rank-up limit, but that once you reach that rank you can't play anymore.

That rank is Seargeant I - which I think is about 30,000 xp points. A kill is about 100-150 points. So maybe 200 kills, or maybe 10 good games, and then you would have to pay to play-on.

Am I right?

Otacon Registered User
#7

mystic86 said:
By my rough estimates you could only get maybe 10 or so games for free. Then you would have to pay.

GG made a post on their website confirming all of this, and confirming that the maps included will include all the dlc maps (awesome).

But, they seem to suggest that there isn't simply a rank-up limit, but that once you reach that rank you can't play anymore.

That rank is Seargeant I - which I think is about 30,000 xp points. A kill is about 100-150 points. So maybe 200 kills, or maybe 10 good games, and then you would have to pay to play-on.

Am I right?


I don't think you would be restricted from playing altogether.

I think you would not be able to rank any higher, though you could still continue to play.

mystic86 Registered User
#8

Otacon said:
I don't think you would be restricted from playing altogether.

I think you would not be able to rank any higher, though you could still continue to play.



"Best of all, Killzone 3 Multiplayer is free to try – you can play any of the maps and modes until you reach the rank of Sergeant I. If you want to keep playing, attain higher ranks, and earn any of Killzone 3 Multiplayer’s four exclusive new trophies, you can unlock the full version for only $15 (UK/EU price TBA)."

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_IE/blog/news/2012-02-24_kz3-multiplayer.html

1 person has thanked this post
aindriu80 Registered User
#9

Im playing Killzone 3 at the moment, there are a few friends trophy that I am working on but Killzone 3 isnt that popular at the momen.

Post your PSN if you wanna play killzone3
aindriu80

mystic86 Registered User
#10

Fyi, this is 3.97gb.. Big but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was a good bit more

mystic86 Registered User
#11

anybody up for a game??

#12

Andy!! said:
Pity KZ3 is absolute ****e, both SP and MP. And I am (was) a massive Killzone fanboy.


maybe it's a reflection of how bad the MP was that I found the SP tolerable. it's defo a reflection of how bad it was that it is now free - dipped my toe into just one map n pulled the fück out fast. that one map design was clearly devoid of inspiration imagination and the clunky kz handling didn't translate to online environment well either, which didn't bother me with kz2's better maps

Never saw a developer go to such lengths in seperating a component to make it free. Musta bn really awful

unkymo Registered User
#13

The problem with Killzone 3 was that it had to live up to Killzone 2 which I think is one of the greatest games I've ever played!

Still not a bad game, it has its moments!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!