nesf Registered User

Lego games, my 5 year old is obsessed with them.

Newaglish Registered User

Gonna pop in and buy whatever lego games I can get my hands on, sounds like a popular choice, cheers!

Chris_Heilong Registered User

Anything with Sonic.
Mario games
Rayman
Plants vs Zombies
Spiderman (seems to be a big deal with all the year olds)

there are many games in all these francises and most are perfect for young kids, if your son is a little more advanced than the average 6 year old then maybe Car games.

My 6 year old really likes Split Second and Burnout Paradise city at the moment

Completionist Registered User

Chris_Heilong said:
Anything with Sonic.
Mario games
Rayman
Plants vs Zombies
Spiderman(seems to be a big deal with all the year olds)

there are many games in all these francises and most are perfect for young kids, if your son is a little more advanced than the average 6 year old then maybe Car games.

My 6 year old really likes Split Second and Burnout Paradise city at the moment

Does it mean I have the mind of a 6 year old if I still play these games?

mcgovern Registered User

The Viva Pinata games for the 360 are good.

Chris_Heilong Registered User

Saw a guy in Gamestop today asking the staff to recommend a good game for a 6 year old, the dad said the games he is playing at the moment are Call of Duty and Gears of war and the father want to get his son off them, so out of all the games in the store the father could ask about..he picked up GTA and asked "is this one alright for the wee lad?" The staff member stopped for a moment and then told the guy that that was the worst game for a six year old they had

ShadowHearth Registered User

Chris_Heilong said:
Saw a guy in Gamestop today asking the staff to recommend a good game for a 6 year old, the dad said the games he is playing at the moment are Call of Duty and Gears of war and the father want to get his son off them, so out of all the games in the store the father could ask about..he picked up GTA and asked "is this one alright for the wee lad?" The staff member stopped for a moment and then told the guy that that was the worst game for a six year old they had

fair play to staff?

RobbingBandit Registered User

Sonic Allstar Racing is a good choice,or Uncharted 1 or 2.

RobbingBandit said:

Uncharted 1 and 2 are both 15 certificate. The first one has undead descendants in it, second one has scary looking guardian fellas. Smattering of swearing, people getting shot etc. Great games but not for 6 year old I don't think.

1 person has thanked this post
RobbingBandit Registered User

dooferoaks said:
Uncharted 1 and 2 are both 15 certificate. The first one has undead descendants in it, second one has scary looking guardian fellas. Smattering of swearing, people getting shot etc. Great games but not for 6 year old I don't think.

Good point

Coriolanus Registered User

Isn't there a minecraftclone of some description on xbla?

Fieldog Registered User

RobbingBandit said:

Each situation and child are different,

I have 2 7 & 8 year old boys who really loved UC2 & UC3, its one of the only "older games" their mam or I would allow them play.... fair enough Drake says shìt enough times throughout both games but they know its a bad word and only grown ups are allowed say it....

It's the Indiana Jones for our generation of games in my opinion and they had great craic solving the puzzles throughout the games...

As I said though, every parent/guardian is different....

And of course its up to us to decide are certain games suitable, I wouldn't be letting them on GTA4, put it that way!

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!