toshiba2010 Banned

hi all ..
as you know i have been looking for a sling hook for a magpul stock without any luck so i came up with this . they are just picture frame hooks that i had lying around just undone the retaining pin nut put it through the hole and screw it back in place . you can get them in any hardware store just thought i,d share it with you,s . does the job . the hole in the stock is were the sling hook should be . works on left or right side of any aeg

Inari Registered User

Nice Idea - good solution!

Two things though; that hole just at the stock, is that not for quick-detach sling lugs? They're not expensive - about €15 for 2 if I remember correctly. And secondly, although I love your solution...I reckon that it will loosen your body pin, as it will act as a lever so your rifle may plummet one of the days

I love to see innovation amongst skirmishers...always makes me smile. Except when Thermo butchers a perfectly nice KWC 24/7...

toshiba2010 Banned

yes it is a quick release lug hole . but i cant get any . and the picture hook is going nowhere as is tight . been dropping down at my side to see if there any play and it,s fine . .

thermo *********

toshiba2010 said:
yes it is a quick release lug hole . but i cant get any . and the picture hook is going nowhere as is tight . been dropping down at my side to see if there any play and it,s fine . .

hobby have the quick release sling rings in stock, G&P 2 for €15, got a pack last friday.

@ kev, you are just jealous i would not make you one!

dryndantheman Registered User

ONe true solution I use for everything is 550 paracord my friend.

johnmc_carthy Registered User

Got a short bungee cord that has carabiners attached on watch end, clips on to me chest rig, another carabiner on my m4, waay more comfortable than my €15 sling!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!