bluejeans_01 Registered User

tomorrow is pancake Tuesday and after that Lent begins!
so im giving up chocolate,sweets, biccies, crisps the whole shebang and taking up proper exercixe at least 3 times a week!

so ill report how im doing here! just to keep myself motivated really!

2 people have thanked this post

Wrong forum there buddy

1 person has thanked this post
Wild_Dogger Registered User

Yeah , Im going to do the same .

Has been 6 months with little or no activity.....
Handful of pancakes and thats it.... wallop !

How you going to ease yourself in to a routine bluejean ?

no technique really which i know is probably bad but im just going straight in!
well with cutting out the rubbish stuff anyway!

excercise will probably need to be less drastic!

gona try start with a run 3 times a week and see how that goes!

try build it up if i can survive that! add in circuits and whatever!

kryogen said:
Wrong forum there buddy

sorry didnt realise lad! not sure how i even ended up here or how to change that!

Zamboni Registered User

bluejeans_01 said:
sorry didnt realise lad! not sure how i even ended up here or how to change that!

You could try this forum...They love all that self penitent stuff.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333

marathonic Registered User

If pancake Tuesday is enough of a reason for you to over-indulge, you'll probably find it very difficult to maintain a high level of motivation for 46 days.

Also, if given a choice between cutting out 50% of the crap for good or cutting out all of it for lent, you'd be much better served going for the first option. Just a few things to ponder!!!

You should look into classes in whatever area you're in. There's a lot of bootcamp classes starting up now that the evenings/mornings are getting brighter. There are also kettlebell/spin bike classes amongst various other things.

As an example, there are kettlebell classes on a Monday night near me as well as Bootcamp classes (mostly on the nearby beaches) held 3 mornings per week and a couple of evenings per week. Each of these cost 6 euro in my area and should make the motivation a little easier.

marathonic said:

Also, if given a choice between cutting out 50% of the crap for good or cutting out all of it for lent, you'd be much better served going for the first option. Just a few things to ponder!!!

This is a very good point. Being overly rigid for 46 days is going to lead to falling off the diet and a binge. 80/20 rule is always good. Basically if your diet is correct 80% of the time, the other 20% shouldn't matter too much.

arse..biscuits Registered User

Gummy Panda said:
This is a very good point. Being overly rigid for 46 days is going to lead to falling off the diet and a binge. 80/20 rule is always good. Basically if your diet is correct 80% of the time, the other 20% shouldn't matter too much.

I'd say 95/5 is better

Burkatron Registered User

arse..biscuits said:
I'd say 95/5 is better

Is that what you stick to? Well done if it is because most people won't/can't stick to that as they'd go stir crazy!

Gummy Panda said:

This is excellent advice! its just i am a huge chocolate fan and right now limiting myself to just a little, simply isn't working! so i figure 'all or nothing' for 46 days will get me started and hopefully after i will have a healthier attitude to chocolate and eat in moderation! the whole cut out 100% is just the starting point so i can see where to go from there! to get fit and healthy for the summer! i am very determined right now! I don't know how long that will last so thats why I'm doing this thread! if i have someone/thing to report to i will feel i have to keep it up! and i shall be honest about how im doing!

Zamboni said:
You could try this forum...They love all that self penitent stuff.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333

Thanks for the tip! But from my point of view this is more about Fitness and Health then self-penitence.

marathonic said:
If pancake Tuesday is enough of a reason for you to over-indulge, you'll probably find it very difficult to maintain a high level of motivation for 46 days.

yeah i know, your right, this is going to be very hard but I'm optimistic that i can al least try do my best!

also; very good idea about the classes! i must look into that!

AntiVirus Registered User

bluejeans_01 said:
yeah i know, your right, this is going to be very hard but I'm optimistic that i can al least try do my best!

also; very good idea about the classes! i must look into that!

It will be very easy if you just don't buy them. you can't eat them if there not there. What will be very hard is not to substitute them for something else.

arse..biscuits Registered User

Burkatron said:
Is that what you stick to? Well done if it is because most people won't/can't stick to that as they'd go stir crazy!

Well if you say 80/20 and your cheat meal is a take away, and you have five meals a day, then thats a take away every day. ( I do eat 5 meals a day, or more)

I would have one nasty meal a week which is more like 95/5

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!