el diablo Registered User
#16

fryup said:
rapidd!! i'm buzzin man after watchin dat

cork v dublin was hilarious

rappin in a cork accent is just soooo wrong


I agree. It sounded very odd.

emco Registered User
#17

fryup said:
rapidd!! i'm buzzin man after watchin dat

cork v dublin was hilarious

rappin in a cork accent is just soooo wrong


Cork won didn't they!

I thought it was interesting, didn't know anything about Irish rap before this. Good to see their trying not to sound American too.

Sugarlumps Registered User
#18

Some of it was cringe worthy, sure at least there doing something positive. Thought the young one was pretty good. Speaking in a Cork accent is wrong.

corklegend Registered User
#19

Funniest thing I've seen in ages. Lines do not get better than

"I'm hungrier than Bobby Sands"
"When she winked at me, I knew that she was into me. I entered with intensity, with every single inch of me".

Gold

1 person has thanked this post
Cartman78 Registered User
#20

Highlight for me was when your man got turfed out by his mother and went rapping the next night...."I'm not moving out"

Interesting enough show all the same, though it's amazing how every rapper seemed to use 'metaphorical' and/or 'systematic' in every song

Troll MC Registered User
#21

Tryna figure out now which one was funnier
The travellin knuckles or the three rappin gurriers
A beer guzzlin thirty something who should be a grafter
Or a petrol handed monkey king askin for the canned laughter

Peace out. Know'i'm sayyyyyin. Troll MC up in this piece

Tipsy McSwagger Registered User
#22

Troll MC said:
Tryna figure out now which one was funnier
The travellin knuckles or the three rappin gurriers
A beer guzzlin thirty something who should be a grafter
Or a petrol handed monkey king askin for the canned laughter

Peace out. Know'i'm sayyyyyin. Troll MC up in this piece


More like Vanilla Ice

#23

A couple of them were not terrible, mainly yer man Siyo or whatever he was calling himself.

That blonde yoke from Finglas, the scene with her rapping about Finglas while the oul wan gawps at her like she had three heads was gold. As was the scenes where she was in the club and this yoke in a purple dress was 'dancing' in the most comical manner I have ever seen.

RVD420 Registered User
#24

The show needed more M.C. Sniffy imo....

fryup Registered User
#25

corklegend said:
Funniest thing I've seen in ages. Lines do not get better than

"I'm hungrier than Bobby Sands"
"When she winked at me, I knew that she was into me. I entered with intensity, with every single inch of me".

Gold


they wouldn't want to rap that in Belfast..might be taken the wrong way, could end up with sore knees

ItsNugget Registered User
#26

fryup said:
they wouldn't want to rap that in Belfast..might be taken the wrong way, could end up with sore knees

Its not meant to be taken as a joke or to be poking fun at bobby sands. Its a patriotic song that mentions a lot of irish history. Heres the full track

2 people have thanked this post
krudler Registered User
#27

fryup said:
rapidd!! i'm buzzin man after watchin dat

cork v dublin was hilarious

rappin in a cork accent is just soooo wrong


Its impossible to take anyone with a Cork accent seriously doing anything in fairness

1 person has thanked this post
experiMental Registered User
#28

krudler said:
Its impossible to take anyone with a Cork accent seriously doing anything in fairness


Exactly. It sounded like a joke. The thing is, when there's no budget for making animated cartoons, you need some live-action cartoon characters to brighten up your lives. Those lads have pulled it off quite well.

Jimmy Iovine Registered User
#29

Holy Warlord said:
Rapping is a seriously overrated art form. All the tight flows in the world will never match the melodic and lyrical craft of songmakers like Kate Bush, The Pretenders, Michael Jackson or REM.


ROFL

1 person has thanked this post
#30

Lads....was our rap legend Spiral on the program?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!